- Cruel Twist Ending: Easily one of the cruelest in the entire series. (Thanks to a misunderstanding, Richard had murdered his best friend, his wife and his unborn child.)
- Mistaken for Cheating: What kicks off the plot.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Though Richard doesn't say these words, you can tell he's thinking them at the end.
- Too Dumb to Live: Alan and Della continue to withhold the truth from Richard even when they realize he's about to kill them. Plus Della runs upstairs instead of out of the cabin
- To further add to the stupidity she could have run to the cabin where Richard would have discovered the truth.
- Surprise Party: The twist.
- Wham Shot: When the above mentioned Surprise Party is revealed as the twist, we then see what makes it a Cruel Twist Ending: a banner that reads, “Happy Anniversary Richard! You’re Going to Be a Daddy!”
Recap / Tales From The Crypt S 2 E 5 Threes A Crowd
A couple spends their tenth wedding anniversary at the best man's cabin. But the husband, Richard, thinks his wife Della and the best man, Alan are having an affair.