Next: Supernatural S 07 E 19 Of Grave Importance
Season 7, Episode 18
Party On, GarthWritten by Adam Glass.Directed by Philip Sgriccia.Air Date: March 30, 2012.Garth calls on Sam and Dean for help when he comes up against a Shojo, a Japanese creature that can only be seen when drunk.
- The Alcoholic: We see how bad Dean's gotten with this in this episode. It takes a lot to get him even "kinda drunk".Sam: I mean, can you even get drunk anymore? It's kind of like, uh, drinking a vitamin for you, right?
- Book Ends: Garth plays "Poison" on his car radio at the beginning and end of the episode.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer/Plucky Comic Relief: Garth.
- Chekhov's Gun: Bobby's flask, which Dean keeps as a Tragic Keepsake, ends up being the thing that allows Bobby to come back as a ghost, despite having had a Viking Funeral.
- Character as Himself: Mr. Fizzles.
- Come with Me If You Want to Live
- Good-Looking Privates: Garth wears a military uniform because it looks good on him.
- Hand Puppet: Mr. Fizzles, which Garth uses to get a little girl to open up about the death of her mother.
- Invisible Monster: Unless you're drunk.
- Mood Whiplash
- Not Too Dead to Save the Day: Bobby, who's been helping the Winchesters with research and who pushed the sword back across the room to help Dean.
- Punched Across the Room
- Stringy-Haired Ghost Girl: The Shojo looks like one.
- Title Drop: When Garth downs an entire bottle of beer in one go, Dean says the title.
- Unflinching Walk: Played for laughs when Garth walks away from torching a supposed ghost's remains.