Recap of Supernatural Season 7, Episode 6
Written by Robbie Thompson.
Directed by John Showalter.
Air Date: October 28, 2011.
Sam and Dean are framed for a series of murder-robberies by two Leviathans that have taken their forms. Bobby tries to figure out how to kill Leviathans using the one they have hostage, while Sam and Dean take refuge with a surveillance expert, Frank Devereaux, who gives them temporary identities to evade the authorities. The brothers try to stop the two Leviathans and track them across the country, discovering that the Leviathans are committing crimes in every town the brothers have visited since Sam left college.
- Acting for Two
- Big Brother Is Watching
- Breaking the Fellowship: Sam and Dean go their separate ways at the end of the episode because Sam is furious that Dean killed Amy and lied to him about it.
- Call Back: All the way back to Season One. See Clip Show. The episodes specifically referenced are "Pilot" (S01, E01) (the Woman in White in Jericho, California), "Wendigo" (S01, E02) (the wendigo in Blackwater Ridge, Colorado), "Dead in the Water" (S01, E03) (the kid ghost in Lake Manitoc, Wisconsin), "Skin" (S01, E06) (the shapeshifter in St. Louis, Missouri), and "Hook Man" (S01, E07) (the Hook Man in Ankeny, Iowa).
- Cassandra Truth
- Clip Show: Kind of. The Leviathans impersonating Sam and Dean are targeting towns the boys worked jobs in, in order, since Sam left college.
- Criminal Doppelgänger: Two Leviathans take on the shape of Sam and Dean and go on a high-profile murder-crime spree with the intention of implicating the real Winchesters.
- Evil Twin
- Fantastic Racism: The Leviathans, who apparently think demons are even lower than humans.
- Guilty Pleasure: Dean's reluctant enjoyment of Air Supply.
- Hey, It's That Guy!
- Homage: The scene in the diner is straight from Pulp Fiction, minus the swearing and endearments. Lampshaded by Bobby.
- It's Personal: Sam and Dean feel that "Leviathans wearing their faces and going on a crime spree" falls in this category.
- Properly Paranoid: Frank Devereaux.
- Put on a Bus: The Impala.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Dick Roman gives one to Crowley.
Now it's your turn to listen. I'd sooner swim through hot garbage than shake hands with a bottom-feeding mutation like you. You demons are ugly, lazy, gold-digging whores. You're less than humans, and they're not good for much until you dip them in garlic sauce.
- Shout-Out: To Chatty Cathy, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Donna Summers, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, Dirty Dancing ("Nobody puts Baby in a corner"), and Desperate Housewives.
- Weaksauce Weakness: Leviathans are revealed to be highly sensitive to Borax, of all things.