Season 7, Episode 06
Sam and Dean are framed for a series of murder-robberies by two Leviathan that take the forms of the Winchester brothers. Bobby tries to figure out how to kill the Leviathan using the one they have hostage, while Sam and Dean take refuge with a surveillance expert, Frank Devereaux, who gives them temporary identities to evade authorities. The brothers try to stop the two Leviathans and track them across the country, discovering that the Leviathan are committing the crimes in every town the brothers have visited since Sam left college.
- Acting for Two
- Big Brother Is Watching
- Call Back: To Season One. See Clip Show.
- Cassandra Truth
- Clip Show: Kind of. The Leviathans impersonating Sam and Dean are targeting towns the boys worked jobs in, in order, since Sam left college.
- Criminal Doppelgänger: Two Leviathans take on the shape of Sam and Dean and go on a high-profile murder spree with the intention of implicating the real Winchesters.
- Evil Twin
- Fantastic Racism: The Leviathan, who apparently think demons are even lower than humans.
- Guilty Pleasure: Dean's reluctant enjoyment of Air Supply.
- Hey, It's That Guy!
- Homage: the scene in the diner is straight from Pulp Fiction minus the swearing and endearments. Lampshaded by Bobby.
- It's Personal
- Properly Paranoid: Frank Devereaux
- Put on a Bus: The Impala.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Dick Roman gives one to Crowley
"Now it's your turn to listen. I'd sooner swim through hot garbage than shake hands with a bottom-feeding mutation like you. You demons are ugly, lazy, gold-digging whores. You're less than humans, and they're not good for much until you dip them in garlic sauce."
- Shout-Out: To Chatty Cathy, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Donna Summers, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, Dirty Dancing ("Nobody puts Baby in a corner"), and Desperate Housewives.
- Weaksauce Weakness: Leviathan are revealed to be highly sensitive to Borax, of all things.