Season 7, Episode 5
Shut Up, Dr. PhilWritten by Brad Buckner and Eugenie Ross-Leming.Directed by Phil Sgriccia.Air Date: October 21, 2011.Sam and Dean deal with a witch who is using her powers to terrorize a small town. They soon discover that she is taking out her anger with her husband, also a witch, who she discovered was having an affair.
- Aww, Look! They Really Do Love Each Other
- Big "NO!"
- Blood Magic: Maggie's spells include drawing sigils on photos using her own blood.
- Bury Your Gays: Sue.
- Casting Gag
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: Don manages to easily stun a Leviathan. The effect lasts for days and leaves it very weak when it snaps out of it.
- Disproportionate Retribution
- Drowning My Sorrows: Dean, as per usual.
- Freeze-Frame Bonus: Dean searches for "freaky accidents".
- Karma Houdini: The witches never receive any punishment for the people they killed.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Spike and Cordelia are married. And witches. Also, Orb of Thessela.
- The Masochism Tango: Don and Maggie. Their "arguments" consist of ruining each other's lives and killing each other's friends and lovers. They make Buffy and Spike seem functional.
- Mistaken for Cheating: Jenny with Don. And, apparently, a "Medici chick".
- No, Except Yes: They will get out, just not alive.
- The Other Darrin: The trope namer is discussed.
- Out-of-Character Moment: Sam and Dean letting the Starks away with their crimes is a pretty big one.
- Power Incontinence: As the witches' argument gets worse, they start losing control over their powers. They go from killing plants to blacking out the town.
- Punny Name: BM Disposal on a Porta-Potty.
- Shout-Out: Bewitched, both versions. There's a sneaky one to Dragon Ball Z when the witches are charging their spell and Don's Magical Gesture looks like he's preparing a Kamehameha.
- Special Effect Failure: The bees around Dean at the end remain perfectly in focus even when he's blurry in the background.
- Villainous Rescue
- Woman Scorned
- Your Cheating Heart