Season 7, Episode 3
The Girl Next DoorWritten by Andrew Dabb and Daniel Loflin.Directed by Jensen Ackles.Air Date: October 7, 2011.After being sprung from Sioux Falls General by a perfectly alive Bobby, Dean and Sam join him and lay low for three weeks while Dean's broken leg heals. In that time, Sam has still suffered hallucinations, but has kept them quiet. While collecting food, Sam discovers the return of an unknown serial killer and takes off on his own to find her.
Body Count:For this episode = 2 kitsunes and 6 humans.For the series so far = At least 700 humans (of which 6 were witches), 88 demons, 55 angels, 36 Jefferson Starships, 34 ghosts, 26 vampires, 19 zombies, 14 gods, 9 hellhounds, 7 skinwalkers, 6 changelings, 5 shapeshifters, 4 ghouls, 3 djinn, 2 Arachnes, 2 dogs, 2 kitsunes, 2 werewolves, 1 crocotta, 1 dragon, 1 fairy, 1 Khan worm, 1 lamia, the Mother of All, 1 okami, 1 phoenix, 1 Purgatory creature, 1 rakshasa, 1 rawhead, 1 reaper, 1 rugaru, 1 shtriga, 1 siren, 1 wendigo, 1 whore of Babylon, and 1 wraith.
- Abusive Parents: Amy's mother.
- Addictive Foreign Soap Opera: In the opening credits, Dean, who is sidelined with a broken leg, is raptly watching a Spanish-language telenovela.Dean: Dude...RicardoBobby: What happened?Dean: SuicidioBobby: Adios, ese.
- Apologetic Attacker
- Fatal Attractor: Even young Sam isn't immune to dating monsters.
- Femme Fatalons
- Girl Next Door
- Harmful to Minors
- Hellish Pupils: The kitsunes when they die.
- I Did What I Had to Do
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Young Sam, of course.Young Sam: Are you guys cool? Can I have a normal life for five minutes now?
- I Know Mortal Kombat: Young Sam claims he learned how to fight from watching a lot of Bruce Lee movies.
- Kick the Dog: Dean, at the end of the episode. He lies to Sam, finds Amy and stabs her. Her son sees, but he lets him go as he hasn't hurt anyone, yet.
- Monster Is a Mommy: Present!Amy is catching fresh meat not for herself, but for her young son.
- Pull the I.V.
- Self-Made Orphan: Amy murdered her mother to defend Sam. It helps that she was an abusive shrew.
- She Is All Grown Up: Sam's childhood friend.
- Shoot the Dog
- Shout-Out: The name of Sam's childhood friend is Amy Pond. Jimi Hendrix and Picasso are name-dropped.
- Vegetarian Vampire: Amy works as a mortician so she can get access to the corpses' brains.