Season 6, Episode 19
The brothers track Eve to Oregon and discover that she's converted an entire town into a new breed of monsters.
- Abnormal Ammo: Shotgun shells loaded with phoenix ash.
- A Form You Are Comfortable With: Subverted. Eve takes the form of Dean and Sam's mom just to mess with them.
- Assimilation Plot: Eve's ultimate goal is to turn all humans into hybrid creatures, so that all their souls will belong to her in Purgatory and denying any to Crowley.
- Back for the Dead: Lenore.
- Batman Gambit: Dean swallows some of the phoenix ash and provokes Eve into biting him.
- Bound and Gagged
- Brought Down to Normal: Eve's presence drains Castiel's power.
- Chekhov's Gun: Dean not being affected by the phoenix ash.
- Cold-Blooded Torture
- Continuity Nod: Eve is at first played by the same actress as the virgin she possessed in 6.12, which allows for the audience to notice...
- Dramatic Irony: After arriving in Oregon, Team Free Will first goes to Ervin's Diner to look up where Eve is, and hours later after torturing for her location, return to the restaurant. A timely pause when they're first in the diner shows her working as a waitress. Furthermore, based on only voice, she was actually the waitress serving their table, whose face was not shown.
- Deadpan Snarker
Castiel: (to Bobby) You're right. Pardon me for highlighting their crippling and dangerous empathetic response with (using air quotes) "sarcasm."
- Dissonant Serenity: Eve calmly watches infected vampire-hybrids feast on the other patrons.
- Deus ex Machina: Castiel wipes out the other demons with a handy flash of light.
Bobby: We've got to bring you on more missions.
- Doesn't Like Guns: Though Cas turns out to be pretty handy with a large knife.
- Evil Versus Evil: Eve has come to Earth in response to Crowley hunting her "children" and is preparing to go to war with him.
- Face of an Angel, Mind of a Demon: Little Ryan.
- Faking the Dead
- False Innocence Trick: The brothers are Genre Savvy enough to test the children before releasing them. Turns out the virus is dormant in Ryan's body, and this is a deliberate test to see if they'll fool hunters.
- Fate Worse than Death: Eve says if the Winchesters refuse to work for her, she'll change them and they'll do so anyway.
- Flash Step: Eve changes from one side of the bar to the other, hovering menacingly over Dean's neck.
- Glamour Failure: Sam notices in a CCTV screen that the police officers are demons.
- Good Is Not Nice: Castiel
- Hoist By Her Own Petard: Eve bites Dean to try and turn him into one of her hybrid creatures, only to find out that he had previously ingested some Phoenix ash (her one weakness). Cue gory death.
- Homoerotic Subtext: Oh yeah!
It's not like Cas lives in my ass, the dude's busy. (Castiel appears directly behind him)
Cas, get out of my ass!
Castiel: I was never in y— (Dean and Cas exchange funny looks)
- I Have Your Friends: Eve tries to use Cas and Bobby to force Sam and Dean to work for her. Dean refuses to play along.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: A rather bad taste one when Bobby refers to Lenore as "the vampyre" after Cas burns her up.
- I Told You So
Dean: Don't say it!
- The Loins Sleep Tonight: The Obligatory Joke of Castiel's power's vanishing being compared to impotence.
Dean: So Mom's making you limp?
- Mama Bear: Lampshaded by Eve
- Monster Is a Mommy: Eve is serious about protecting her children. She's still evil, though.
- Not What It Looks Like: What you say when the police find you in a roomful of dead bodies.
- The Reveal/Wham Shot: Remember how Castiel killed Crowley ten episodes ago? Yeah, Crowley's alive and working with Cas. Oops.
- Shapeshifter Guilt Trip: The Mother Of All changes into the Mother Of Sam & Dean.
- Shout-Out: Zombieland, Pleasantville, Jefferson Starship.
- Soundtrack Dissonance
- Super Strength: Eve rips the doorhandles off the bar where she's about to infect the customers.
- Staking the Loved One: Lenore asks the Winchesters to kill her so she won't kill any more innocents. They balk at this, then Castiel does the job himself.
- Tainted Veins
- Tested On Humans
- That Poor Car
- The Virus
- Woman in White
- What the Hell, Hero?: Plenty between Cas and Dean.
- With My Hands Tied: Sam, Dean and Bobby fight several police officers with their hands cuffed behind their backs.
- You Have Got to Be Kidding Me!