Recap of Supernatural Season 6, Episode 12
Like A Virgin
Written by Adam Glass.
Directed by Philip Sgriccia.
Air Date: February 4, 2011.
Young women with no apparent connection have been disappearing from Oregon; after discovering that all of them are virgins, the brothers conclude that dragons are responsible.
- Absurdly Spacious Sewer: The dragons make use of one.
- Arbitrary Skepticism: The Loch Ness Monster exists, but there's no way dragons do.
- Cutting the Knot: Using explosives to remove the sword from the stone (mostly).
"We're just going to have to get a little closer, that's all."
- Does Not Like Shoes: "Mother of All". Although this may have to do with the fact that the girl she's possessing didn't have shoes on at the time of the sacrifice.
- Dragon Hoard: Dean finds a small pile of gold items that the dragon has been collecting. He can't resist helping himself to it.
- Failed Attempt at Drama: Dramatic music plays as Dean tries to yank out a Sword In The Stone, only for Letting the Air out of the Band to occur as he fails miserably. The music cranks up again as Dean has another go. Nope, he still can't get it out.
"Oh, son of a bitch, that's really on there!"
- Gentleman and a Scholar: Name-dropped by Dean in sarcastic reference to Bobby.
- Noodle Incident: What did Bobby do to piss off Dr. Visyak? The implication seems to be she's his New Old Flame.
- Only the Chosen May Wield: Beautifully parodied with dramatic music and posing.
- Our Dragons Are Different
- Sam searches the Internet for "fire", "claws", "flying", "stealing virgins", and "gold" and is consistently directed to World of Warcraft fansites.
- When Dean is taking to Dr Visyak, he makes a reference to twelve-sided dice. Twelve-sided dice (d12s) are commonly used in Dungeons & Dragons.
- "Mother of what? Mother of Dragons?"
- "Could you make a few calls?" "To who? Hogwarts?"
- "Dad never wrote anything about dragons. I promise. I'd remember if I read The Neverending Story in there."
- "Great. Back to the lore." "Which says what? That they live in Middle-earth?"
- Sword In The Stone: Dr. Visyak's Sword of Brunswick.
- The Un-Hug: Castiel goes to hug Sam, who balks and avoids it.
- Squick: The boys' In-Universe reaction to the book being made of human skin.
- Virgin Sacrifice: Opens Purgatory.
- What the Hell, Hero?:
Dean: Penny's diary.
Sam: Did you steal that from her room?