Recap: Superman The Animated Series S 3 E 3 New Kids In Town
The Legion of Superheroes goes back in time to help the Teen of Steel fight a time-traveling Brainiac.
This episode contains examples of the following tropes:
- Butt Monkey: Kenny Braverman. Trounced by Clark at sports and Brainiac in real life.
- Chick Magnet: Clark Kent was irresistible in high school and Lana Lang even complained about his ability to attract every woman in the area.
- Clark Kenting: Mocked. Clark disbelieves that "a pair of glasses is going to fool anyone."
- Clothing Damage: Clark Kent's clothing is burned off and ripped to shreds when Brainiac tries to ambush him as a teenager in Smallville.
- Does Not Know His Own Strength: When his powers first began to manifest, Clark Kent had a lot of trouble adjusting to his newfound strength. When engaging in a "friendly" game of basketball, he accidentally threw his opponent across the court and through a refreshment table.
- I Always Wanted to Say That: Chameleon Boy always wanted to say "Up, Up and Away!!"
- Kneel Before Zod: "At last, the Son of Jor-El kneels before me!"
- Make Wrong What Once Went Right: Brainiac travels back in time to Smallville to kill Clark Kent before he can become Superman.
- Mama Bear: When Brainiac comes after her son, Martha Kent picks up a shotgun and gives him both barrels.
- Papa Wolf: Jonathan Kent was ready to go out and clobber Brainiac with a shovel when he thought Clark was in danger, but Martha recommends a shotgun instead.
- Smug Super: As his powers began to manifest, Clark Kent became a jerk in high school. Even Lana Lang, his girlfriend and best friend, found him arrogant and hard to be around sometimes.