This episode provides examples of:
- And Then What?: Luthor pulls this on Corben when his doublecrossed employee threatens him.
- Blessed with Suck: While his new body is making him stronger, he has lost his sense of touch, taste, and smell.
- Call Back: The news mention of Corben's attack since The Last Son of Krypton.
- The End... Or Is It?: Metallo falls off Luthor's yacht and can't keep afloat. He sinks into the water. Then, at the episode's conclusion, the camera cuts below the surface and we see two glowing eyes and a figure walking along the sea floor...
- Exact Words / False Reassurance: When Corben mentioned that he couldn't feel anything, the doctors said there would be "adjustments" to be made. He assumed they meant that his new body needed some fine-tuning; what they actually meant was that he'd have to get used to his new condition.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Towards the end as Corben confronts Luthor on his yacht.Corben: (crushes a apple) I can't taste anymore! (knocks a flower vase) I can't smell anymore! (advances towards Luthor's bikini-clad girlfriend) Can't... can't... (throws her overboard)
- Jerk Victim: Given Corben's sociopathy, not many will feel too sorry for him.
- Jerkass: An old lady biker rode pass Clark, calling him "slowpoke".
- Karma Houdini: Luthor.
- Luxury Prison Suite: Corben was living in one as gratitude that he didn't reveal his ties to Luthor.
- Sanity Slippage: Corben's mental state starts crumbling as the reality of what's happened to him sinks in.
- Sense Loss Sadness: Corben is upset when he realizes that he can't feel, smell, or taste, and flips out completely when he's told that the condition is permanent.
- Villainous Breakdown: When Corben realizes his fate.
- Walk, Don't Swim: Metallo, at the end of the episode.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: Dr. Vale.Superman: It's only a matter of time before the cops find him!
Lex: And what makes you think there's any of him left to find?
[Superman is shocked by that]