Much to Clark's surprise, his sweetheart from Smallville Lana Lang has come to Metropolis...and is dating his arch-nemesis. Lana quickly reveals that she knows who Clark is, and tries to help him by spying on her boyfriend. But when Lex finds out, it will be up to his archenemy to save Lana.
This episode provides examples of:
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: Lana tells Lex she likes bad boys, but...
- Convection Schmonvection: Lana and Eelan are all right as long as they don't actually fall into the molten lead flooding the factory.
- Inadvertent Entrance Cue
Clark: I know you'll find that special someone some day.
Lana: So will you. You deserve it. Someone patient, kind, understanding...
Lois: Hey, Smallville! Get your tail in here. Perry's got an assignment for us.
- Like Brother and Sister: Clark and Lana, at least by the end. Lana warns him against saying it, however.
Lana: Clark Kent, if you say I'm like a sister to you, I'm going back to Lex.
- Not My Driver: Lana gets this when Lex realizes that she's onto him.
- Secret Secret Keeper: Clark was not aware that Lana knew his other identity until she asked him if "Martha [Kent] made the costume."
- She Knows Too Much: Lana. And Lex was forced to have her killed. Fortunately, Superman saved her.
- Shooting Superman: When a mook aims a gun at him, Superman quips, "I should warn you; it's been done." Then the mook switches aim to a bridge with a Bus Full of Innocents approaching instead.
- Reality Ensues: Lana, who knew Clark back in Smallville, sees through his disguise and excuses.
- Shout-Out: When Lex is laying a trap, he "tells" a client to be in Central City by that night.
- Stuff Blowing Up: This episode involves Lex Luthor selling terrorist a gun that makes things blow up like they're been strapped to dynamite.