Much to Clark's surprise, his sweetheart from Smallville Lana Lang has come to Metropolis...and is dating his arch-nemesis. Lana quickly reveals that she knows who he is, and tries to help him by spying on her boyfriend. But when Lex finds out, it will be up to his archenemy to save Lana.
This episode provides examples of:
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: Lana tells Lex she likes bad boys, but...
- Inadvertent Entrance Cue
Clark: I know you'll find that special someone some day.
Lana: So will you. You deserve it. Someone patient, kind, understanding...
Lois: Hey, Smallville! Get your tail in here. Perry's got an assignment for us.
- Like Brother and Sister: Clark and Lana, at least by the end. Lana warns him against saying it, however.
Lana: Clark Kent, if you say I'm like a sister to you, I'm going back to Lex.
- Not My Driver: Lana gets this when Lex realizes that she's onto him.
- Secret Secret Keeper: Clark was not aware that Lana knew his other identity until she asked him if "Martha [Kent] made the costume."
- She Knows Too Much: Lana. And Lex was forced to have her killed. Fortunately, Superman saved her.
- Shout-Out: When Lex is laying a trap, he "tells" a client to be in Central City by that night.