Recap / Stargate Universe S 1 E 3 Air Part 3
Having figured out some of Destiny's systems, the crew uses the stargate for the first time to look for supplies — in this case, lime for the carbon dioxide scrubbers so that they can have breathable air.
- Ascended Fanboy — Eli's constant reference to various media gets on everyone's nerves
- Aliens Are Bastards — Averted. Scott's alien dust cloud leads him to water and the lime they need
- Boisterous Weakling — Rush picks a fight with Greer, emerging with his ass kicked but having won the moral high ground.
- Enigmatic Empowering Entity — kind of. Scott's alien cloud comes with religious visions, and Scott probably thinks it's providential.
- Curiosity Killed the Cast — Half the exploring party decide to dial a locked out planet in the hopes that it will provide a long term home. It's implied they're all dead by the end of the episode.
- Guns in Church — Greer pulls his pistol on Rush.
- Hand in the Hole — Eli sticks his hand in the event horizon of the gate to keep Destiny from leaving without them, risking getting his arm chopped off.
- Real Dreams Are Weirder — Scott gets backstory during his near death experience dreams which actually succeeds in making him less interesting.