Recap: Stargate Atlantis S 05 E 01 Search And Rescue
As a rule, I like to keep daring rescues down to one a day.
— Col. Caldwell
- Astronomic Zoom: Reversed.
- Born in an Elevator: Torren John Emmagan
- Crowning Moment of Funny: Rodney tells how to breathe during her labor. She asks why, and he admits he doesn't know.
- Delivery Guy: McKay for Teyla; she still names it after someone else though.
- It Has Been an Honor: Ronon and Sheppard.
Ronon: All right, how do you want to play this?
Sheppard: Shoot till we can't shoot anymore.
Ronon: All right.
Sheppard: Been a pleasure.
- Not That Kind of Doctor: McKay goes through all the reasons why he's the wrong person to deliver Teyla's baby.
- Pac Man Fever: Inverted; Sheppard is shown in the infirmary using what is clearly a DS Lite, but when he taps the touch screen with the stylus, rather than making retro video game bloops it beeps with similar sounds to other Atlantis computer technology. Ancient homebrew anyone?
- Screaming Birth: Lampshaded by Rodney, of course.
Rodney: No one has babies this quick!
- Stock Episode Titles: 17 uses.
- Worst Aid: Sheppard starts the episode impaled on a piece of metal; Ronon yanks it out and bandages the wound.