"Choose your enemies wisely, as they might be your last hope."
While Ahsoka and the younglings are trying to escape the pursuing pirates, General Griveous arrives on Florrum to exact Dooku's revenge on Hondo, for taking him prisoner and trying to ransom him out to the Republic...
This episode provides examples of:
- Another Story for Another Time: At the end of the episode Huyang mentioned that the last youngling who had such an adventure while crafting his first lightsaber was Yoda. Hearing this the younglings immediately started to demand the story, but Obi-Wan put them down claiming that it will have to wait.
- Badass Biker: Grievous engaged Ahsoka while riding a combat speeder-bike.
- Call Back:
- Dooku ordered Grievous to destroy Hondo's base and fleet and to arrest the pirates, because he wanted to avenge when they took him prisoner and attempted to ransom him to the Republic in Season 1.
- The Slave-I crashed on Florrum in the Season 2 finale, when Ahsoka damaged it to prevent Aurra Sing from escaping. In the Season 3 episode "Assasin" Aurra mentioned that Hondo pulled her out of the wreakage. Guess which ship did Hondo use to escape with his men and the younglings?
- Call Forward: The Slave-I's new paintjob is it's The Empire Strikes Back design.
- Chain of People: Ganodi was able to hold Byph, Gungi, Zatt and Katooni for several minutes while they were hanging from the boarding ramp of a sweeping starship, despite being the smallest and most frail of the younglings.
- Combat Pragmatist: Subverted, during his duel with Ahsoka, Grievous caught Ahsoka's head, using the toes of his legs, and slammed her to the ground, instead of simply killing her while she's defenceless.
- Conscience Makes You Go Back: Katooni guilt-trips Homdo into rescuing Ahsoka and the other younglings.
- Cool Bike: Griveous rides a pretty badass looking speeder bike, while chasing Hondo and the younglings.
- Enemy Mine: Ahsoka, the younglings and Hondo's gang form an alliance against Grievous's droid army.
- Feet-First Introduction: As Ahsoka enters Hondo's cell, the camera first focuses on her boots (and the slain droids at her feet) then pans to her face.
- Genre Savvy: Ahsoka warned the pirates against handing her and the younglings over to Grievous, as the General would much more likely kill all of them, rather than accept bargain.
- Motivational Lie: Hondo motivates Katooni to finish her lightsaber by framing it as payment for their escape from Florrum. Once she's succeeded, Ahsoka points out that he had no other choice but to ally with the Jedi to escape the Separatist army.
- Run or Die: When cornered by Grievous, Ahsoka and the younglings prepared to fight, but in the last second Hondo and Katooni arrived with the Slave-I to extract them. Ahsoka instructed the younglings to run, while she held up Grievous. Once the younglings were safe, Ahsoka too abandoned the fight, knowing that she had no chance of winning.
- Sinister Scimitar: Hondo wields one (an actual scimitar, made of steel) against the droids.
- Team Hand Stack: A Jedi version involving lightsabers at the end of the episode. For extra symbolism points, there are eight lightsabers involved (the six younglings, Ahsoka and Obi-Wan), just as there are eight spokes on the symbol for the Galactic Republic which also represents the unity of the galaxy through the Force.
- Would Hurt a Child: Grievous was very eager to gets his hands on the younglings newly crafted lightsabers. Which means he was perfectly fine with killing them.
- You Shall Not Pass: Ahsoka held up Grievous while the younglings escaped onto Slave-I, commandeered by Hondo.