Recap: Star Wars The Clone Wars S 5 E 5 Tipping Points
This episode provides examples of:
- Bittersweet Ending: The good news is that Onderon is liberated, Sanjay Rash, the Separatist allied king, is killed off for failing to secure Onderon, the Sepratists withdraw from Onderon, and the true king, Ramsis Dendup reclaims the throne. The saddening news is that Steela is dead.
- Death of the Hypotenuse: She had a mutual attraction with Lux, who previously was shown to be interested in Ahsoka. Steela got killed after their first kiss.
- Deflector Shields: The HMP droid-gunships had shields powerful enough to protect them from everything the Rebels could throw at them. It took the newest Siennar rocket-launcher modell to pierce it.
- Enemy Rising Behind: In "Tipping Points", a damaged droid gunship is still active enough to level its blaster at Ahsoka while she's distracted.
- It's All My Fault: Saw blamed himself for Steela's death, since the gunship he shot down is what caused her to fall (twice).
- Killed Off for Real: Steela and Sanjay Rash.
- Now or Never Kiss: Before heading to the final battle, Steela kissed Lux, telling him "just in case". And indeed she dies later.
- Take a Third Option: Since the purpose of training the rebels was to see if they could free their planet without getting the clone army involved, the Jedi had to choose between letting the rebels lose, or abandoning the mission and sending aid afterall. Anakin took the middle-road: he hired Hondo, to deliver a package of new generation rocket-launchers as a desparation aid-kit.
- Too Dumb to Live: During the final battle, King Dendup's bodyguards instead of keeping the king in a cave that only has one narrow tunnel as an entrace, which could be protected easily from the inside, run out into the open, leading the king straight towards a ravine.
- You Have Out Lived Your Usefulness/You Have Failed Me: Sanjay Rash is executed by his Super Tactical Droid (under orders from Count Dooku) for failing to secure Onderon.