Recap: Star Wars The Clone Wars S 4 E 5 Mercy Mission
The world of Aleen is torn by a planet-wide seismic disaster. Padme dispatches Commander Wolffe and his men to help evacuate the survivors and rebuild their settlements, then join Plo Koon's forces as was their original mission. R2D2 and C3PO are on board to serve as translators.
This episode provides example of:
- Bulungi: The planet, home to a tropical tribal culture of small humanoids, has shades of this.
- Deadly Gas: Inverted. The planet's air is toxic to the lifeforms below the surface and the seal that prevents it from seeping down must be replaced properly.
- Down the Rabbit Hole: How R2D2 and C3PO get into their adventure.
- Going to Be One of Those Days: Commander Wolffe remarking that "This is going to be one of those planets" upon seeing the diminutive lizard-like natives.
- Grumpy Bear: Commander Wolffe is uptight and strict in contrast to the episode's more relaxed atmosphere.
- Riddle Me This: How Orphney gives the droids cluesfor the way back to the surface.
- Robosexual: Orphne, the underground fairy, acts like she's attracted by C3PO.
- Shout-Out: C3PO's fearful reaction to the lights of the tunnel and R2D2 extinguishing them with spray only for them to manifest again resembles Gimli frantically trying to fight off the spirits in the Paths of the Dead.
- When Trees Attack: The creatures of Aleen's underworld are Ent-like humanoids who are initially hostile to intruders.
- Will-o'-the-Wisp: Orphne first manifests in the form of light circling the droids and then leading them down the tunnel.