Understanding is honoring the truth beneath the surface.The world of Aleen is torn by a planet-wide seismic disaster. Padmé dispatches Commander Wolffe and his men to help evacuate the survivors and rebuild their settlements, then join Plo Koon's forces as was their original mission. R2-D2 is on board to interface with and repair the Aleen central computer, with C-3PO along to serve as a translator.
- Bulungi: The planet, home to a tropical tribal culture of small humanoids, has shades of this.
- Deadly Gas: Played straight and inverted. The planet's air is toxic to the lifeforms below the surface, as is the underground air to the Aleena, and the seal that prevents them from seeping past each other must be replaced properly.
- Down the Rabbit Hole: How R2-D2 and C-3PO get into their adventure.
- Going to Be One of Those Days: Clone pilot Warthog, upon seeing the diminutive lizard-like natives:"Oh, great, this is going to be another one of those planets."
- Grumpy Bear: Commander Wolffe is uptight and strict, in contrast to the episode's more relaxed atmosphere.
- Riddle Me This: How Orphne gives the droids clues for the way back to the surface.
- Robosexual: Orphne, the underground fairy, acts like she's attracted to C-3PO.
- Shout-Out: C-3PO's fearful reaction to the lights of the tunnel and R2-D2 extinguishing them with spray only for them to manifest again resembles Gimli frantically trying to fight off the spirits in the Paths of the Dead.
- When Trees Attack: The creatures of Aleen's underworld are Ent-like humanoids who are initially hostile to intruders.
- Will-o'-the-Wisp: Orphne first manifests in the form of light circling the droids and then leading them down the tunnel.