"Who we are never changes, who we think we are does."After the destruction of the Nightsisters clan, Asajj Ventress travels around the Galaxy, until she eventually arrives to Tatooine. After killing a Bounty Hunter, she agrees to fill in his place in the group he belonged to, in order to finish a job.
This episode provides examples of:
- Astonishingly Appropriate Appearance: "Kage" means "shadow" in japanese. The Kage warriors have dark skin, and they're ninjas.
- Big Creepy-Crawlies: The milodons used as mounts by the Kages.
- Beneath the Earth: Due to Quarzite's highly pressurized atmosphere, it's uninhabitable on the surface, so the belugans and the kages dwell underground.
- Breather Episode: While action packed, with some genuinely dark themes touched upon, this episode is much Lighter and Softer than either the previous one, or the following two.
- Bureaucratically Arranged Marriage: Pluma Sordi was kidnapped from her family and people in order to be wed to Otua Blank, the dictator of the belugans.
- Character Development: Ventress goes through a quite big one, when she decides to let the Sordi siblings go.
- Civil War: Between the belugans and the kages.
- Cool vs. Awesome: Alien bounty hunters vs Ninjas!
- Drowning My Sorrows: Arriving on Tatooine, Ventress goes straight to a bar, where she orders a short drink, gulps in down at once, and immediately orders another.
- Filler: The episode has little plot relevance, and focuses on Ventress's development as a character.
- Not So Different: Ventress, after hearing Pluma Sordi's story, comes to realise that the girl's predicament is very similar to hers.
- Space Elevator: Quarzite has one, as due to its high-pressure atmosphere, it's impossible to land on it with spacecrafts. But then how did they build the elevator in the first place?
- Tempting Fate: This exchange:Krizmo Hodi: I've come for what's mine.
Mayor Rigosso: Over my dead body... [Krismo impales him across the chess with a thrown dagger]
- Train Job: The Kage warriors try one in order to free Pluma from her captors.