Trust is the greatest gift, but it must be earned.Having fully infiltrated the Separatist conspiracy, Obi-Wan Kenobi contacts the Jedi to give them every piece of information they need to protect Chancellor Palpatine from Separatist attack during his visit to Naboo. The Jedi are confident in their security team, but Count Dooku's bounty hunters manage to destroy the force field around the Chancellor and allow Cad Bane to grab him in the resulting chaos. Initially confused by the bounty hunters' use of holograms, Obi-Wan blows his cover to fight Cad Bane and keep occupied long enough for the Jedi to apprehend him and secure the Chancellor, seemingly ending the conflict.Bane and the bounty hunters are returned to prison as the Jedi security team is disbanded, with the threat to the Chancellor now over. Anakin goes to bring the Chancellor to a dinner in celebration of his survival as Obi-Wan investigates the absence of Count Dooku from the actual kidnapping, only to deduce the Count bugged him, heard Obi-Wan's plan to sabotage the scheme, and waited until Cad Bane was arrested to strike again. Right on cue, the Chancellor and Anakin enter the dining hall to find no one other than Count Dooku, who has his droids drag the Chancellor to the Count's spaceship while he duels Anakin through the palace's corridors. Dooku almost gets away with the Chancellor, but Obi-Wan comes in at the last second to save Palpatine as Anakin pushes Dooku into the rising spaceship, forcing the villain to escape empty-handed.
- Baddie Flattery: Just before his escape, Count Dooku commends Obi-Wan for his skill in infiltrating the Dooku's kidnapping conspiracy and taking it down from the inside. In Dooku's eyes, this proves Obi-Wan is a great Jedi, unlike Anakin Skywalker, who Dooku reprimands for his poor form.
- The entire scene where Anakin and Palpatine enter the banquet hall only for Dooku to stand up from the far end of the table. Anakin himself would later pull something just like it.
- The ensuing duel is a massive one to the beginning of Revenge of the Sith; it's clearly designed with a similar purpose in mind. Anakin also comes damn close to winning in the same manner; his strength overpowers Dooku's. Unfortunately, choking Dooku instead of what he'd do later gives Dooku the time to electrocute Anakin off.
- Chase Fight: Dooku and his MagnaGuards grab the Chancellor and apply enough offensive pressure on Anakin in their duel to push the fight through Naboo's palace and straight into Dooku's getaway ship. Unfortunately for him, Obi-Wan pulls the Chancellor away at the last second as Anakin reverses positions with Dooku and pushes the Count into his spaceship.
- Disc-One Final Boss: The first half of the episode deals with Cad Bane's attempt to kidnap the head of the Republic and everything seems to wrap up once Bane's conspirators are captured. The second half sees Count Dooku, the show's main villain, launch a second kidnapping attempt, knowing the extra security had been dismissed once the Jedi felt confident Cad Bane's plot was the entirety of the conspiracy they were tracking.
- Dramatic Irony: In keeping with show tradition, it's quite clear that the real reason these events went down is because Palpatine wanted to test Anakin against Dooku once again, and drive a wedge between Anakin and Obi-Wan.
- Holographic Disguise: The "Holographic Disguise Matrix", an invention by Bounty Hunter Sinrich, is introduced here. Cad Bane, Twazzi, Derrown and Embo use it to disguise themselves as Senate Guards during their attempt to kidnap Chancellor Palpatine. They also throw the Jedi off their trail by disguising Palpatine as an unconscious guard while another member of the team takes on Palpatine's form.
- IKEA Weaponry: As part of his undercover infiltration of a kidnapping attempt, Obi-Wan is given a box with the components for a sniper rifle. Obi-Wan puts the sniper rifle together while transmitting intel on the mission to his Jedi overseers just before the mission, unknowingly blowing his cover to Count Dooku, who placed a bug in the rifle's box.
- Psychotic Smirk: Palpatine can be seen smirking while watching the fight between Anakin and Dooku a few times.