Recap: Star Wars The Clone Wars S 4 E 13 Escape From Kadavo
Tropes Associated with this episode:
- Big Damn Heroes: Plo Koon's Wolfpack coming in to save the day to help Anakin and Ahsoka free the slaves.
- Big "NO!": Obi-Wan when Agruss activates the controls to the slave room floor collapse.
- Break the Cutie: The purpose of the slave facility on Kadavo on Obi-Wan and Rex.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: Rex impaling Keeper Agruss and saying "I'm no Jedi."
- Complete Monster: Keeper Agruss
- Darkest Hour: Carried over from Slaves of the Republic a month earlier. Obi-Wan and Rex are enslaved and are toiling in Kadavo after being forced into submission by Keeper Agruss, Ahsoka is imprisoned in a cage above the Zygerrian queen's palace, and Anakin is Queen Miraj Scintel's personal slave and bodyguard and is being pressured into joining her willingly in exchange for his friends' freedoms. Thankfully, things start looking up from Anakin, Ahsoka and Artoo's escape from Zygerria.
- And also later in the episode, as Anakin and Ahsoka are attempting to save the colonists, Agruss has activated the floor traps to slaves' cell and broke the controls to prevent Obi-Wan and Rex from turning it off, and Plo Koon can't send his ship for a rescue operation until the turrets are destroyed.
- Despair Event Horizon: Obi-Wan crosses this when enslaved by the Zygerrians on Kadavo. Only when Anakin, Ahsoka and Plo Koon and his unit, the Wolfpack arrive at Kadavo to save the day does he end up snapping out of it.
- Died in Your Arms Tonight: Queen Miraj Scintel.
- Downer Beginning: The episode begins bleakly with Obi-Wan toiling in Kadavo feeling helpless as the slavers cruelly punish him and the Togruta slaves (mostly the slaves) if he tried to help and is being broken emotionally.
- Earn Your Happy Ending
- Fat Bastard: Continuing from the previous episode, Keeper Agruss.
- Forgot About His Powers: Hey Obi-Wan, did you ever consider mind tricking the Zygerrian slavers into stop punishing you and the slaves or allowing you to access a communications room to send out a signal for help?
- Heroic BSOD: Obi-Wan and Rex suffer this when enslaved on Kadavo. They snap out of it when Anakin and Plo Koon arrive to save the day.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: Keeper Agruss thanks to Rex.
- Killed Off for Real: Miraj Scientel (thanks to complications from being strangled by Dooku) and Keeper Agruss (courtesy of a lance thrown by CT-7567 "Rex").
- Suicidal Overconfidence: Miraj Scientel experiences this to Dooku, ends up getting killed off for it.