Great hope can come from small sacrifices.While Anakin tries to convince the Zygerrian Queen Miraj Scintel that she is just another slave to Dooku, Obi-Wan and Rex work with the slaves in a labor camp on the planet Kadavo.
This episode provides examples of:
- Asshole Victim:
- Keeper Agruss, who is impaled by Rex.
- Anakin also slaughters a large number of Zygerrian guards without mercy.
- Big Damn Heroes: Plo Koon's Wolfpack coming in to save the day to help Anakin and Ahsoka free the slaves.Obi-Wan: Anakin, you must realize this is a fight you cannot win alone.
Anakin: Who said I was alone?
- Big "NO!": Obi-Wan when Agruss activates the controls that electrify the slave room's walls and retract the floor.
- Bloodless Carnage: There's no blood to be seen when Agruss get impaled and electrocuted.
- Break the Badass: The purpose of the slave facility on Kadavo for Obi-Wan and Rex. Queen Miraj intends to prove that even Jedi can be broken and made into slaves.
- Character Death: Miraj Scientel (thanks to complications from being strangled by Dooku) and Keeper Agruss (courtesy of a lance thrown by Rex).
- Darkest Hour:
- Carried over from "Slaves of the Republic", aired a month earlier. Obi-Wan and Rex are enslaved and are toiling in Kadavo after being forced into submission by Keeper Agruss, Ahsoka is imprisoned in a cage above the Zygerrian queen's palace, and Anakin is Queen Miraj Scintel's personal slave and bodyguard, and is being pressured into joining her willingly in exchange for his friends' freedom. Thankfully, things start looking up from Anakin, Ahsoka and Artoo's escape from Zygerria.
- Later in the episode, as Anakin and Ahsoka are attempting to save the colonists, Agruss has activated the floor traps to slaves' cell and broke the controls to prevent Obi-Wan and Rex from turning it off, and Plo Koon can't send his ship for a rescue operation until the turrets are destroyed.
- Despair Event Horizon: Obi-Wan crosses this when enslaved by the Zygerrians on Kadavo. Only when Anakin, Ahsoka and Plo Koon and his unit, the Wolfpack, arrive at Kadavo to save the day does he end up snapping out of it.
- Died in Your Arms Tonight: Queen Miraj Scintel admits to Anakin that he was right about her relationship to Dooku, just before succumbing to Dooku's Force Choke.
- Downer Beginning: The episode begins bleakly with Obi-Wan toiling in Kadavo, feeling helpless as the slavers cruelly punish him and the Togruta slaves (mostly the slaves) when he tries to help them.
- Fat Bastard: Continuing from the previous episode, Keeper Agruss.
- Heroic B.S.O.D.: Obi-Wan and Rex suffer this when enslaved on Kadavo. They snap out of it when Anakin and Plo Koon arrive to save the day.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: Keeper Agruss, thanks to Rex. What makes it more impressive is that the electrostaffs the guards were using weren't even designed for that.
- Kick the Son of a Bitch: During the fight in the third act, Rex impales Keeper Agruss by throwing a lance into his chest, and says after doing so, "I'm no Jedi."
- Kill 'em All: Once the slaves are all freed, the Wolf Pack obliterate the Kadavo facility, with a great many of its Zygerrian staff still inside.
- No Sell: Dooku tries to force Anakin to surrender by threatening to kill the Queen. Anakin bluntly retorts that he couldn't care less if Dooku does.Dooku: Take one more step and I will end her life.Anakin: What makes you think I care about this slaver scum?!
- Oh, Crap!:
- Queen Miraj, when Dooku Force-chokes her.
- Agruss is clearly panicking when Obi-Wan and Rex start wiping the floor with the guards in the control room.
- Suicidal Overconfidence:
- Miraj Scintel experiences this regarding Dooku, and ends up getting killed off for it.
- Also Keeper Agruss, who sneers to Obi-Wan that a Jedi won't kill an unarmed man. Unfortunately, he forgot about Rex.
- Too Dumb to Live: Queen Miraj. Threatening a powerful Sith Lord who you technically answer to is NOT a good idea.