Recap: Star Wars The Clone Wars S 3 E 21 Padawan Lost
"Without humility, courage is a dangerous game."
While sieging a Separatist outpost on Felucia, Ahsoka is ambushed and kidnapped by trandoshan sport-hunters, who transport her and other captives to Wasskah, the moon of their home planet. There they will be released as prey for the hunt.
This episode provides examples of:
- Adult Fear: Children being kidnapped and killed.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: Seriously, a group of hunters (predators) kidnapping Jedi younglings (children), because Knights (adults) are too strong for them?!
- Downer Ending: Kalifa is dead, Ahsoka is still trapped on Wasskah, and she is being hunted by Garnac for killing his son, Dar (in self defense). The final shot of the episode is Anakin alone and sad at the Jedi Temple, still unsuccessful in locating Ahsoka, possibly to the point of giving up and abandoning her (Even though he said "I'll find herů").
- Egomaniac Hunter: The trandoshans reason for kidnapping and slaughtering sentinents? So they could mount them on the walls, and brag about killing them.
- Family-Unfriendly Violence/Family-Unfriendly Death: The brutality of the trandoshan hunters, the number of murders, Kalifa nearly strangling a trandoshan to death, Dar's and Kalifa's death, the trophy room with gungan, and wookie trophies...yeah, this was one of the most violent episodes of the series.
- The Guards Must Be Crazy: Okay, if the Republic and the Separatists are at it at Felucia, shouldn't the planet be surrounded by both their fleet, or at least the space be monitored for ships entering and existing the orbit? Then how did the trandoshans get past them unnoticed?
- Hope Bringer: Ahsoka is explicitly stated to have given back hope to the younglings.
- Hunting the Most Dangerous Game: Subverted. While he and his gang did kidnap sentinent beings, Jinx specifically pointed it out that they were savvy enough to not bring actual Jedi Knights into their game.
- If You Kill Him, You Will Be Just Like Him: Ahsoka stopped Kalifa from murdering one of the Trandoshans out of hatred, because it's not the Jedi way.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: Dar, Garnac's son, was impaled by a stake, when Ahsoka threw him off the branch they were fighting on.
- It's Personal: Dar's death made the hunt for Ahsoka personal for Garnac.
- I Will Only Slow You Down: Kalifa to Ahsoka.
- Jetpack: Plo Koon's troops used them to get past the Separatist outposts's wall.
- Lizard Folk: The trandoshans.
- Last Request: Kalifa asked Ahsoka to take care of the others.
- Moral Myopia: Garnac's gang kidnapped, and murdered sentinent beings, including Jedi younglings for sport, but he was outraged, and swore revenge when Ahsoka killed his son by accident, while defending Kalifa and herself.
- Reptiles Are Abhorrent: The Trandoshan hunters.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: The convoree, the small bird like creatures who lived in front of the younglings hide-out.
- Rubber-Forehead Aliens: Jinx is a twi'lek, and O-mer is a cerean. The trandoshans are also humanoid enough to count.
- Sacrificial Lion: Kalifa got killed at the end of the episode establishing that even children are not safe.
- The premise is an homeage to Predator.
- The trandoshan relief call is the same as the velociraptor's relief call in Jurassic Park.
- Tempting Fate: Before the battle Anakin warned Ahsoka that scaling the backwall won't be easy, to which she responded that "he had taught her well, she can handle anything". Cue a few minutes later she's captured and kidnapped, deprived of her lightsabers and communicator.
- Trophy Room: The main hall trandoshan gang's base was full of trophies, including a couple of wookie hides, the stuffed heads of a rancor, and of a bunch of sentinent beings.
- Troubling Unchildlike Behaviour: Kalifa Force-choking one of the hunters with an expression of intenence hatred on her face.
- Villainous Breakdown: Garnac gets this after Ahsoka kills Dar in self defense and he kills Kalifa by shooting her, and he wants Ahsoka dead.
- Would Hit a Girl/Would Hurt a Child: Kalifa was killed at the end of the episode.