He who seeks to control fate shall never find peace.Still stranded on Mortis, Anakin decides to go confront the Son, who shows him his future and tells him that joining him on the Dark Side will prevent it. Meanwhile Obi-Wan and Ahsoka seek the Father's help.
- Big "NO!": Anakin, when the Son shows him his future.
- Dramatic Irony: In this episode, Anakin turns to the Dark Side a couple of years early in order to prevent the events of the original trilogy from happening. The first thing he tells Obi Wan is that the Jedi will have to be exterminated to keep them from interfering with his vision for peace . . . exactly what happened in Revenge of the Sith.
- Flash Forward: The Son of Mortis shows Anakin a vision of the future in which he sees the major events of Revenge of the Sith, along with the destruction of Alderaan from A New Hope.
- Grave Robbing: The Son of Mortis opens the Daughter's tomb to get the dagger she was buried with.
- Heroic Suicide: The Father of Mortis stabs himself with the dagger, taking away the Son's power, and distracting the Son enough for Anakin to kill him.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: Anakin does this to both the Son and the Father at once.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: The Father of Mortis erases Anakin's memory of seeing the future, along with his own actions that resulted from it.
- More Than Mind Control: The Son doesn't take over Anakin with a bite the way he did Ahsoka. Instead, he talks Anakin into succumbing by playing on his fears.
- My God, What Have I Done?: The Son reacts this way after the Father stabs himself, even though he'd tried to kill him not long before.
- Narnia Time: It's implied that only seconds, at most, passed in the outside universe while the Jedi were on Mortis.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: The deaths of the Ones and Anakin's refusal to stay will have major consequences come Fate of the Jedi.
- No Body Left Behind: The Father vanishes upon death, Obi-Wan style, though his children do not.
- Reset Button: The Father's amnesia spell does this for the series. In some ways, the episode is like an alternate-universe version of Revenge of the Sith, complete with Anakin going totally to the Dark Side and fighting Obi-Wan around a lava pit, so it had to be negated for the real Revenge of the Sith to take place.
- Spirit Advisor: Qui-Gon Jinn appears to talk to Anakin as he did to Obi-Wan earlier in the arc.
- Taking You with Me: How the Father of Mortis dispatches the Son.
- We Can Rule Together: The Son promises this to Anakin.
- You Wouldn't Believe Me If I Told You: Anakin says this to Rex after being mysteriously returned to the exact time and place where they started the arc.