"Believe in yourself or no one else will."Utilizing the opportunity granted by the Clone army being streched too thin, Geonosis rebels, and under the leadership of Poggle the Lesser, the planets inhabitants restarted the massproduction of battle droids in their factory. Jedi Masters Ki-Adi Mundi, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker and his Padawan Ahsoka lead the attack to capture the main factory, and catch Poggle, in order to prevent Geonosis from rebeling again.
This episode provides examples of:
- Badass Grandpa: Ki-Adi kills more enemies than either Anakin or Ahsoka, despite being injured during the landing.
- Body-Count Competition: Anakin and Ahsoka apparently had one just prior to the episode, in which Anakin won. They also have one during the episode, which Ahsoka wins, but Anakin argues it was a tie, since he called the airstrike. As it turns out, Ki-Adi had more kills than either of them.
- Bulletproof Fashionplate: One of the few times in the show when this is completely averted. All four of the are were at least covered in dirt, and Obi-Wan even has a few scars on his face, and limps heavily.
- The Cameo: Master Luminara has one, during the briefing, at the start of the episode.
- Darkest Hour: At the end of the episode's second act, Anakin and Ahsoka are being overwhelmed by the droids on the top of the wall, Ki-Adi Mundi's troops are being slowed by the Geonosians in the tunnel that's supposed to be a shortcut to the landing zone, and Obi-Wan and Commander Cody's troops are being overrun by the Geonosians at the landing zone.
- Continuity Nod:
- Deflector Shield: The main droid factory is protected by one.
- Family-Unfriendly Violence: Quite possibly this episode has the highest body count in the entire series. ''Darkness on Umbara", "The General", "Carnage of Krell" and "Massacre" from Season 4 are the only competition it has.
- Kill It with Fire: Ki-Adi's method of dealing with Geonosians. And because they're not human, we get to watch them burn to death.
- Mission Briefing
- Just in Time: Just as Kenobi's forces are about to be overrun completely, a bomber squadron swoops down and decimates the enemy forces.
- Shout-Out: The invasion is largely based on the D-Day invasion of Normandy, with visual cues taken from Saving Private Ryan.
- Tempting Fate: A clone trooper just before the gunship he was traveling in was shot down: "Good thing those bugs can't aim."
- Unspoken Plan Guarantee: Cody explains the attack strategy in advance. Nothing goes accordingly.