Recap: Star Trek The Next Generation S 7 E 13 Sub Rosa
After attending the funeral of her grandmother, Beverly Crusher encounters a ghost that has romanced the Howard line of women for generations.
This episode provides examples of
- Achilles' Heel: The lamp, to Ronan.
- The Maiden Name Debate: Paired with Single Line of Descent and a reversal of Lineage Comes from the Father. Apparently Beverly is the first Howard woman to not keep her maiden name and pass it to her children since at least the seventeenth century.
- Night of the Living Mooks: When Ronan briefly possesses the body of Beverly's grandmother.
- Our Ghosts Are Different: Ronan is a spectral entity made of "anaphasic energy".
- Scotireland: It's supposed to be a planet of Space Scotsmen, but the accents of the people are hardly Scottish. Amusingly, the actor who plays Ned Quint was actually Irish. May be an in-universe version of The Theme Park Version; many of the citizens aren't even human, they just built their colony on the theme.