Recap: Star Trek Deep Space Nine S 07 E 19 Strange Bedfellows
Kai Winn, finally realizing that it is the Pah Wraiths and not the Prophets that reached out to her, is wracked with guilt and confusion. But when she reaches out to Kira for help, Kira tells her the one thing that could push the Kai over the edge. Back on Cardassia, Ezri and Worf, staring down execution, struggle to come to terms with their actions over the last couple days. Finally, Weyoun's callous disregard for the slaughter of an entire legion of Cardassian soldiers proves to be the last straw for Legate Damar.
Tropes in this episode:
- Face-Heel Turn: Though she was a pretty flimsy face, Winn finally goes full on evil.
- Heel-Face Turn: Damar, finally fed up with what's been happening to Cardassia.
- Heroic BSOD: Not exactly heroic, but Winn nearly falls apart when she learns she's being seduced by the Pah-Wraiths.
- It's All About Me: Why Winn's attempt at redeeming herself fails—she refuses to relinquish her power as Kai.
- Neck Snap: How Worf kills Weyoun 7 for taunting Ezri in front of him. Damar finds it extremely amusing, much to Weyoun 8's chagrin.
- To Absent Friends: Damar does a rather sarcastic one with Weyoun 8 regarding his recently-killed predecessor.
- We Have Reserves: Weyoun sees Cardassian soldiers this way. Damar doesn't take it too well.
- You Have Failed Me: Damar implies this may happen to Weyoun 8 once the female changeling learns of Worf and Ezri's escape.Damar: Oh, I'm sure she'll understand. But if she doesn't, I look forward to meeting Weyoun 9.