Recap / Star Trek Deep Space Nine S 07 E 19 Strange Bedfellows
Kai Winn, finally realizing that it is the Pah-Wraiths and not the Prophets that reached out to her, is wracked with guilt and confusion. But when she reaches out to Kira for help, Kira tells her the one thing that could push the Kai over the edge. Back on Cardassia, Ezri and Worf, staring down execution, struggle to come to terms with their actions over the last couple days. Finally, Weyoun's callous disregard for the slaughter of an entire legion of Cardassian soldiers proves to be the last straw for Legate Damar.
Tropes in this episode:
- Big "NO!": Winn, in response to the Wham Line below.
- Exact Words: Damar asks Weyoun to send Jem'Hadar reinforcements to Septimus III, to relieve the Cardassian defenders fighting off a Klingon invasion. Weyoun tells him 'The situation will be taken care of.' When he learns later that the garrison was overrun and wiped out, he confronts Weyoun, who repeats that the situation WAS taken care of… by the Klingons.
- Face–Heel Turn: Though she was a pretty flimsy face, Winn finally goes full on evil.
- Fatal Flaw: Damar notes that overconfidence is "the hallmark of the Weyouns."
- Get Out: Winn tells "Anjohl" this when he admits that he's with the Pah-Wraiths.
- Heel–Face Turn: Damar, finally fed up with what's been happening to Cardassia.
- Heroic B.S.O.D.: Not exactly heroic, but Winn nearly falls apart when she learns she's being seduced by the Pah-Wraiths.
- I Will Only Slow You Down: When Worf gets shot in the leg during the first escape attempt.
Worf: Leave me!
Ezri: Oh, shut up!
- It's All About Me: Why Winn's attempt at redeeming herself fails—she refuses to relinquish her power as Kai.
- Mistreatment-Induced Betrayal: After watching his soldiers being used as cannon fodder, Cardassian worlds sold off to buy the Breen's allegiance, and being told he's nothing more than a puppet ruler, Damar turns against his Dominion masters.
- Neck Snap: How Worf kills Weyoun 7 for taunting Ezri in front of him. Damar finds it extremely amusing, much to Weyoun 8's chagrin.
- Senseless Sacrifice: What pushes Damar over the edge; learning that the Dominion sacrificed 500,000 Cardassian soldiers to slow down a Klingon attack.
- Talking to the Dead: Damar takes a moment to mock Weyoun's corpse for his overconfidence.
- They Killed Weyoun Again: And There Was Much Rejoicing—at least for Damar.
- To Absent Friends: Damar does a rather sarcastic one with Weyoun 8 regarding his recently-killed predecessor.
(Weyoun 8 walks into Damar's office)
Damar: Well, hello! (laughs)
Weyoun: I'm glad to see you find the death of my predecessor so amusing.
Damar: Oh, you misunderstand. I miss him deeply. Here—a toast to Weyoun 7. (drinks)
- Troll: Damar poking fun at Weyoun 7's death is probably the most fun he's had in years.
Weyoun: Have they agreed to cooperate?
Damar: No. Maybe you should talk to Worf again! [laughs]
- We Have Reserves: Weyoun sees Cardassian soldiers this way. Damar doesn't take it too well.
- After Worf kills Weyoun 7, Damar notes the Dominion will just clone another one.
- Wham Line: "Feel our love...the love of the Pah-Wraith."
- You Have Failed Me: Damar implies this may happen to Weyoun 8 once the Female Changeling learns of Worf and Ezri's escape.
Damar: Oh, I'm sure she'll understand. But if she doesn't, I look forward to meeting Weyoun 9.