Recap: Star Trek Deep Space Nine S 07 E 17 Penumbra
Strap yourselves in, because it's time for the nine-episode concluding arc of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. When Worf is stranded behind enemy lines, Ezri defies orders and goes to rescue him alone. When the rescue goes awry, the pair are finally forced to confront the UST that has been brewing between them all season. On Cardassia, Gul Dukat reemerges, and he undergoes a startling transformation. Back on the station, Kai Winn finally has a vision, but it's not from the Prophets. Finally, Captain Sisko's wedding plans face some supernatural interference.
Tropes in this episode:
- Abandon Ship: Worf and Ezri are forced to beam off the runabout just before it explodes.
- Worf is lost at the beginning of the episode after doing this on the Koraga.
- Fake Static: Ezri's attempt isn't convincing at all.
- Pardon My Klingon: When Worf finds out that Jadzia had slept with Captain Boday, he angrily calls Ezri a sli'vak, which seems to be the Klingon word for "whore."
- Sure, Let's Go with That: Weyoun figures that Damar's agitation has to do with a lady friend waiting for him. Damar plays along, not telling him that he's working with Dukat.
- Survival Mantra: "I am not spacesick. I am not spacesick..."
- Ungrateful Bastard: Ezri chews Worf out for not showing more gratitude to her for rescuing him.
- Will They or Won't They?: Ezri and Worf? They will. . .
- The Worf Effect: After doing so well, Worf gets hit hard over the next few episodes.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: The changeling tells Weyoun to execute the Vorta doctors and activate their clones.