Recap: Star Trek Deep Space Nine S 07 E 09 Covenant
An old friend of Kira's takes her by surprise by transporting her to Empok Nor, where she finds Dukat has gathered members of the cult of the Pah Wraiths.
This episode contains examples of:
- Believing Their Own Lies: Dukat is so warped, that he really believes his own message.
- Chocolate Baby: Dukat tells his followers that the half-Cardassian baby is a sign from the Pah-Wraiths.
- Creepy Child: During production, the showmakers decided an animatronic baby would be less trouble than a real one. And decided to hire, of all people, the creators of Chucky to make it. The results were predictably creepy. And a real baby was used in the end.
- Cult Colony: What Dukat has set up on Empok Nor.
- Cyanide Pill: Promazine, the pill that the cultists were going to use. It was developed by the Cardassian Obsidian Order for their agents in the event of capture. Not only does it kill, but it causes the body to crumble to dust not long after, leaving no evidence behind.
- Driven to Suicide: One of the cultists willingly swallows his promazine pill, even though it's been revealed that Dukat is a fraud.
- Have You Told Anyone Else?: Not only does the mother admit she hasn't told anybody the truth, she also confesses that she doesn't think she can lie to her husband. While standing alone with Dukat in an airlock.
- Oh Crap!: Dukat, when Kira knocks his fake suicide pill to the ground amid many real ones. It's one of the few times in the series where he comes close to genuinely losing his cool.
- Pet the Dog: Dukat contacts DS-9 to have them pick up Kira after his cult commits suicide.