- Big "SHUT UP!": When Quark is trying to get a little gratitude from Worf in the form of him saying "two words" (which, of course, are "Thank you"):Worf: BE QUIET!
Quark: That's two words, all right. Just not the two I was hoping for.
- Blue and Orange Morality: Showcased with the Prophets, who took over the body of an unwilling woman, forcing her to marry Joseph and ensure Sisko's birth.
- Continuity Nod: Sisko has another vision as Benny Russell. Only this one is a Pah-Wraith attempt to keep him away from the Orb.
- Divine Intervention: Sisko learns his birth was due to the possession of his mother by a Prophet.
- Double Standard: Rape, Divine on Mortal: The Prophets apparently weren't too picky about consent when they mind-controlled Sisko's mom into marrying his dad, considering that she bolted the second her agency was returned to her.
- Kill It with Fire: No bigger fire than a frigging sun to take out the Dominion shipyard.
- Motor Mouth: Ezri goes a mile-a-minute due to being new to the whole Joined thing.
- Noodle Incident: Whatever happened in the Klingon mess hall, apparently involving gagh.
- OOC Is Serious Business: Worf apologizes for being a jerk. No one else can believe their ears.
- Palm Bloodletting: Once again, part of a Klingon ritual. Quark isn't too thrilled about it.
- Room Full of Crazy: The walls of Benny Russell's room in the psych ward in Sisko's vision are covered with what we are lead to believe is a novelization of every episode up to that point.
- Stuff Blowing Up: Doesn't get much bigger than a solar plasma ejection.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Martok calls Worf out for being a jerk to his friends. Leads to the aforementioned apology.