Recap / Star Trek Deep Space Nine S 06 E 24 Times Orphan
Molly gets sucked into an ancient portal device, and returned as an 18 year old who's reverted to a savage mindset. Elsewhere, Worf takes a crack at babysitting Yoshi.
- Baby Talk: Worf is teaching Yoshi a Klingon hand-eye exercise by shaking a rattle and going "Gung, gung, gung."
- Bar Brawl: Molly attacks Quark and his patrons, smashing furniture and bottles, until she is stunned by security.
- Butt Monkey: And not just Miles this time. The whole O'Brien clan gets to suffer.
- Do Wrong, Right: After Odo catches O'Brien and company at the airlock, he tells the chief he's disappointed...because Odo thought if anyone could break someone out of a holding cell and sneak them off the station undetected it would be O'Brien. He then opens the airlock and lets them go.
- Forgotten Phlebotinum: If the main characters had remembered they have access to a reliable time machine they've used twice already, or the "Slingshot-around-the-sun" trick used by the TOS crew several times, the whole plot of this episode could've been avoided.
- Grandfather Paradox: The adult Mary who finds little Molly never exists if little Molly did not stay in the past.
- Grievous Bottley Harm: Molly stabs an alien in the stomach with a broken bottle.
- My Future Self and Me: Little Molly thinks the woman who found her, the grown up version of Molly, is "so nice".
- Nubile Savage: What Molly is returned as.
- Picnic Episode: Molly was so excited to go on a picnic.
- Portal to the Past: The portal left behind in the cave.
- Set Right What Once Went Wrong: 18 year old Molly sends little Molly back through the time portal.
- Wild Child: Molly lives alone for 10 years and returns without social skills or language.
- Year Inside, Hour Outside: Molly ages 10 years in the one day it takes to repair the time portal.