Recap: Star Trek Deep Space Nine S 06 E 20 His Way
This episode contains examples of:
- Actor Allusion: Vic's line "I remember that weekend with Frank" also acts as a little reference to Frank Sinatra Jr., with whom James Darren is a friend of.
- Adorkable: Odo repeatedly.
- Big Damn Kiss
- Breather Episode: Particularly after the last three episodes.
- The Cast Showoff: James Darren as Vic Fontaine.
- Comically Missing the Point: Since the context is well-outside Odo's experience.
Vic: Tell me something. How do you get to Carnegie Hall?
Odo: I have no idea.
Vic: Practice, practice, practice. Get it?
- Continuity Nod: Vic was able to create a hologram of Kira due to the events of "Our Man Bashir".
Vic: It did take me an hour to get rid of the Russian accent.
- Quark reminds Odo that he had a year to do something about Kira—referencing the Major's breakup with Shakaar just prior to "Children of Time".
- Foreshadowing: Vic's opening song is "You're Nobody 'til Somebody Loves You."
- Love Epiphany: Kira's moment(s) of clarity.
- Not so Above It All: During a meeting in Sisko's office, Odo begins humming and quietly singing "They Can't Take That Away from Me." Sisko recognizes what he's doing and joins him while going over a report.
- Shout-Out: Frank Sinatra, Shecky Greene, and Victor Borge are all referenced as performers that Vic is familiar with.
- The title, of course, is a play on Sinatra's song "My Way."
- The Matchmaker: Vic Fontaine.
- They Do: Finally.