Recap: Star Trek Deep Space Nine S 06 E 16 Change Of Heart
Dax and Worf take on an assignment to retrieve a Cardassian mole, while O'Brien and Bashir attempt to defeat Quark at tongo.
- Asteroid Thicket: A minor obstacle on the way.
- Battle Couple: Worf and Jadzia.
- Break the Cutie: A Near Death Experience will do that to a girl.
- Easily Forgiven: Averted - Sisko tells Worf that the only reason Starfleet isn't court-martialing him and throwing him out of the service is that even a secret proceeding may reveal how deeply embedded Starfleet Intelligence assets are within the Dominion. But he will receive a severe reprimand that likely means no chance of receiving future promotions or a command of his own.
- Idiot Plot: Actually acknowledged In-Universe. Sending a married couple on a lethal and important mission? Bad idea. Sisko states that he's made it a standing order that Worf and Dax never be sent on the same mission alone again.
- Lighter and Softer: Bashir's Tongo game vs. Quark, in contrast to Worf and Dax's mission behind enemy lines.
- Screw the Rules, I'm Doing What's Right: Worf abandons the mission to save Dax. Sisko reprimands Worf for letting The Mole die, but admits he would have done the same thing if he and Jennifer (his former wife) had been in that same situation.
- Trying to Catch Me Fighting Dirty: Quark uses Bashir's regret over losing Dax to throw him off his game.