Recap: Star Trek Deep Space Nine S 06 E 12 Who Mourns For Morn
The Federation is forced to deal with the greatest setback yet in the Dominion War: the death of silent barfly Morn! Even more shocking is Morn's will, which leaves all of his belongings to Quark. The shifty bartender is less than thrilled to inherit some bad art and rotting beets, but he is understandably more excited about Morn's hidden fortune of gold-pressed latinum. As more and more shady characters come out of the woodwork to claim their share of the latinum, the legend of Morn grows to insane proportions.
Tropes in this episode:
- Caper Crew: Morn used to be part of one.
- Casting Gag: The Bajoran who Quark takes aside to keep Morn's barstool warm? That's Morn's actor.
- A Day in the Limelight: Sort of. This is THE Morn episode, but as usual he barely shows up.
- Eat the Evidence: Old Genre Savvy Morn knew his associates would be coming for him. So he hid the liquid latinum in the most secure place he could: His second stomach.
- Faking the Dead: Morn faked his own death to draw out his old associates.
- Informed Ability: Played for Laughs when the crew talk on and on about Morn and his many talents, which naturally the viewer never gets to see. Probably the only one that has proof outside this episode is Morn being a ladies' man.
- Kavorka Man: If his hot ex-wife isn't evidence enough, even Dax crushed on Morn at one point.
- Mexican Standoff: As a Funny Background Event behind Quark's head. Until he stands up.
- Shout-Out: The title is a reference to the TOS episode "Who Mourns for Adonis?"
- Ugly Guy, Hot Wife: Morn's ex-wife is smoking hot.
- Worthless Yellow Rocks: Provides the page quote.
Someone's extracted all the latinum
! There's nothing here but worthless gold! Odo:
[completely savoring the schadenfreude] And it's all yours
No! Nooooo! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!