Odo arrests Quark, but while transporting him to trial in a runabout they crash land on a deserted planet and are forced to depend on each other to survive and call for help. Meanwhile, Nog returns to the station. Jake moves out of Ben's quarters so he and Nog can be roommates, but Starfleet Academy has changed Nog and things don't go as smoothly as they had hoped.
Tropes Associated with this Episode
- Artistic License – Biology: Odo claims the local plants are poisonous. That makes little sense on a planet with no animal life, as poisons are designed to discourage being eaten.
- Call-Back: A couple.
- Everybody Laughs Ending: Odo and Quark find it in themselves to laugh about the whole unpleasant experience, especially after they both admitted that in their trading of insults in the middle of the episode, they both meant everything they said.
- Odd Couple: Jake, the laid back slob. And Nog, the stuck up Starfleet cadet.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Odo likes to read trashy romance novels. He "claims" they help him gain insight into crimes.
- Stunned Silence: Quark leaves Odo at a loss for words with this exchange.Odo: Well, I guess you're not as successful a businessman as you think you are.Quark: Which means you spent the last ten years of your life trying to catch a nobody – with little success, I might add. So you tell me, which one of us is the bigger failure?
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: The only thing keeping Odo and Quark going is the idea of dying together.
- Video Will: Odo dictates his will on his combadge near the end, when it seems like Quark has failed. He requests that his ashes be placed in his bucket and shot through the wormhole.