Recap: Star Trek Deep Space Nine S 05 E 08 Things Past
Odo, Sisko, Dax and Garak find themselves warped 7 years in the past and on Terok Nor. And Odo has to find a way out of the situation without revealing a dark secret about his past.
- Enemy Without: The investigator in charge, Thrax, is actually Odo when he was still working for the Cardassians, modeled after Odo's predecessor and looking like a Cardassian until Odo admits the truth. He even has an argument with himself.
- Heroic BSOD: Odo has one as soon as he realizes exactly where he is, and it doesn't let up until a while after he wakes up.
- My Greatest Failure: Odo let three innocent people take the fall for an attempted assassination on Dukat. His thinking about it at just the wrong time leads to the episode.
- Not So Different: Much like Kira, Odo has a dark secret from his time on Terok Nor. The episode even ends with them in opposite places from the end of "Necessary Evil".
- The Ending Changes Everything: All of Thrax's dialogue takes on a new light when it's revealed that it's actually Odo.