Dax's old friend Kor returns to the station with surprising news: he may know where to find the legendary Sword of Kahless, the weapon wielded by the greatest hero of Klingon history. The two of them, and Worf, set out to recover this artifact, but finding it may be the easy part.
- Artifact of Doom: The sword doesn't have any actual powers, but its allure of power drives Kor and Worf to damn near kill each other.
- Broken Pedestal: Worf starts seeing Kor as less of a hero and more of a drunken old man.
- Call Back: Worf mentions Kor's fight with Captain Kirk.
- Cool Sword: Kahless's Bat'leth is flashier◊ looking than a traditional one.
- Only Sane Man: Poor Dax is stuck trying to keep Worf and Kor from offing each other over the sword.
- Offscreen Moment of Awesome: Worf mentions that Kor lead an assault on Romulus itself.
- Ungrateful Bastard: Worf spared Toral's life several years ago. Toral repays Worf by trying to kill him.
- The World Is Not Ready: Realizing how divisive the Sword of Kahless made them, Worf and Kor decide the Klingon Empire isn't ready to embrace the sword themselves, and they transport it into space.