Sisko, O'Brien, and Jake accidentally activate an old Cardassian security program, which now thinks the Bajoran slave labor is revolting. As the crew loses control of the station, what could possibly make it worse? Dukat arrives, eager to reclaim the station.
Tropes in this episode include:
- Air Vent Escape: Jake uses an old processing shaft to escape the ore refinery.
- Dissonant Serenity: Dukat strolling about the command center talking while everyone else is hiding under any available cover.
- From Bad to Worse
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Dukat.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Each time the heroes think they've figured out a solution, the security program thinks it has to get even tougher on the "Bajoran workers."
- Oh Crap: The look on Dukat's face when he finds out that his security codes have been voided.
- Worthy Opponent: Quark expresses this sentiment towards Odo, stating that if there were a slave revolt in progress, it's not surprising that the Cardassians would lock Odo in his office: Odo's sense of justice and morality would ensure he joined the fight on the side of the slaves.