Recap: Star Trek Deep Space Nine S 02 E 19 Blood Oath
Three Klingons who were blood-brothers of Curzon Dax find Jadzia on Deep Space Nine,
and she convinces them to let her go on a Roaring Rampage of Revenge
with them to kill the man who murdered the Klingons' sons long ago.
- A Lady on Each Arm: Which leads to a dilemma when you're got a jug of blood wine in front of you.
- Badass Boast: When Koloth gets Kor out of the brig.
Odo: How did you get in here?
Koloth: I am Koloth.
Odo: That doesn't answer my question.
Koloth: Yes, it does.
- Badass Grandpa: Kang, Kor and Koloth.
- Continuity Cavalcade: All three of the most prominent Klingons to appear in TOS come back and unite for one last mission.
- Cut His Heart Out with a Spoon: "I will cut his heart out and eat it while he watches me with his dying breath!"
- Evil Albino: The villain, a Klingon only known as "The Albino".
- Faceless Goons: It saves time and money on funny rubber foreheads.
- Famed in Story: When Koloth states that he is a Dahar Master, Odo immediately adopts a respectful tone.
- The Glomp: On seeing Dax is now in the body of a beautiful woman, Kor demands a kiss. He gets a hug instead.
- Good Old Ways
KANG: The old Klingon ways are passing. There was a time, when I was a young man, the mere mention of the Klingon Empire made worlds tremble. Now, our warriors are opening restaurants and serving racht to the grandchildren of men I slaughtered in battle.
- How the Mighty Have Fallen: Dax reminds Kor of his past triumphs, leading to a rare moment of sobriety.
KOR: The only weight I carry now, dear comrade, is my own bulbous body. I was once, if you remember, far less than you see, and far more than I have become.
- I Gave My Word: Interesting variation on this with Dax, as her previous host Curzon gave his word to avenge the death of his godson (Kang's son), also causing unintended Revenge by Proxy.
- It Works Better with Bullets: Dax works out a Techno Babble means of deactivating the disrupters of the Faceless Goons, so they have to rely on hand weapons.
- Lured Into a Trap: The Albino has secretly contacted Kang, offering him a chance for a glorious death in a battle with forty of his mooks. Turns out there actually a large bomb under the place where this fight is supposed to take place. Fortunately Dax makes Kang tell the truth and comes up with another option.
- Retired Badass Roundup: Dax has to work at getting all three Klingon legends to support her joining and to work together for one last glorious battle.
- Screw the Rules, I'm Doing What's Right: Jadzia's way of justifying herself to Sisko.
- Status Quo Is God: Sisko promises dire consequences for Jadzia and her future in Starfleet should she disobey his orders and go after The Albino. Said consequences never take place.
- Dax was off duty and outside Federation space so there wasn't much he could do to her careerwise. It also helps her case that Jadzia wasn't the one who killed the Albino in the end.
- Dax says it all depends on Sisko whether she can come back. Presumably he never reported her.
- Sword over Head: Dax balks at killing the Albino. Ironically this is mistaken for Only I Can Kill Him by Kang, who stabs the Albino In the Back while he's mocking Dax's lack of resolve. Kang then thanks Dax for allowing him to strike the death blow.
- Wrecked Weapon: Kang has an Oh, Crap moment when his bat'leth shatters while fighting the Albino.
- You Know Too Much: Dax worries that the traders Kang spoke to might have warned the Albino. He replies that they'll never warn anyone ever again.
- Zeerust Canon: Averted; the three actors were horrified to find they'd have to spend hours in make-up being converted to Rubber-Forehead Aliens, as they'd assumed they'd have their Original Series Klingon appearance.