Also known as "The One Where
Sisko Punches Out Q".
A visitor to the station is revealed to be Vash, returned at last from her journeyings with Q. However, their arrival on the station marks the beginning of a series of issues that almost destroys the station.
This episode provides examples of:
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: Among his lists of ancient Earths character, Q lists The Crusades, The Spanish Inquisition, and Watergate.
- Auction: Quark hosts one for a group of the very rich to sell Vash's findings.
- Badass: "Picard never hit me!" It's not often that a human can surprise Q.
- Call Back: Miles briefly recaps the Next Gen episodes Captain's Holiday and Q-Pid for the others.
- Did You Just Punch Q?: Yes he did.
- Hit Me, Dammit!: Q, and he's rather surprised when Sisko takes him up on the offer.
- I Am Not Him: Q gets in a few digs about Sisko being inferior to Picard. Sisko has precisely zero interest in his mind-games, although Q does prove he's "easier to provoke".
- Ideal Illness Immunity: Q shows Vash (quite graphically) that "a tiny little insect" bite would have eventually killed her, if he had not been there.
- One-Shot Character: This is the only episode of Deep Space Nine to feature Q.
- Technobabble: Q refers to it by name - the writers, who liked it about as much as the audience, relished the chance.
- Whammy Bid: Q makes one at Quark's auction just to be a Troll.