Recap: Spongebob Squarepants S 8 E 21 B Demolition Doofus
Airdate: July 21, 2012SpongeBob goes to boating school and then repeatedly crashes into two cars, inflating Mrs. Puff every time he continues to crash into an obstacle. Mrs. Puff then inflates so much, she sends the car airborne. SpongeBob then crashes the car into the lighthouse, injuring Mrs. Puff badly. In the hospital, Doctor Forrest clarifies that Mrs. Puff's inflation sac was popped in the collision and she will not be able to "puff" again. Mrs. Puff has to be tranquilized after leaping on to SpongeBob and man-handling his nose for calling her "Mrs. Pop". SpongeBob then begins to ramble about Mrs. Puff's condition and the doctor tranquilizes him as well. SpongeBob then visits Mrs. Puff with a bouquet of flowers along with the hundreds of other flowers he sent her, which she appears to be allergic to.After forcing her into a wheelchair, he pushes her down the hallway. Doctors are seen sprinting through the hallway with muscular men on the gurneys. SpongeBob stops Dr. Forrest and asked what was going on. He replies the Demolition Derby are about to battle in the hospital room. It appears that they are hitting each other with wheelchairs. Mrs. Puff imagines them smashing into SpongeBob and killing him. Her laughing attracts SpongeBob's attention, and she claims she has a way for him to earn "extra credit". After talking to Captain Lutefisk, she shows him how much damage SpongeBob and do with a boat, though he is just using a steering wheel. Lutefisk says he is perfect for the derby.At the derby, SpongeBob defeats the other competetors effortlessly. This causes Mrs. Puff to be enraged which causes this exchange:
- SpongeBob: (Notices all of the drivers surround him) Mrs. Puff! What should I—
Mrs. Puff: Why are you still ALIVE?!?
SpongeBob: "Put it in drive"? Thanks Mrs. Puff, you're the best!
(after a while of futher demolishing by SpongeBob)
Mrs. Puff: ...If you want someone demolished, I guess you have to demolish them yourself.
"Demolition Doofus" contains examples of (YMMV Goes here):
- Darker and Edgier: While still funny in some ways, Mrs. Puff tries to make good on her vow to kill SpongeBob.
- Evil Versus Evil: Well, more like Jerkass vs. Jerkass in the case of SpongeBob himself and Mrs. Puff.
- Jerkass Ball: Happens to both SpongeBob and Mrs. Puff themselves. On one hand, Puff tries to murder SpongeBob. On the other hand, SpongeBob also cracks jokes about Mrs. Puff's condition and shows no remorse for injuring her.
- Status Quo Is God: Mrs. Puff gets her inflation back at the end.
- Temporarily a Villain: Mrs. Puff
- Why Won't You Die?: "Why are you still..ALIVE!?"
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.