Recap / Spongebob Squarepants S 8 E 173 Squiditis Demolition Doofus
Squidward fakes being sick so he can skip work and relax at home.
Squiditis contains examples of:
- Sick Episode: Deals with Spongebob thinking he caught Squidward's "Squid's Disease".
- Spit Take: Squidward does one when he finds out that SpongeBob is sent home because he really is sick.
SpongeBob goes to boating school and then repeatedly crashes into two cars, inflating Mrs. Puff every time he continues to crash into an obstacle. Mrs. Puff then inflates so much, she sends the car airborne. SpongeBob then crashes the car into the lighthouse, injuring Mrs. Puff badly. In the hospital, Doctor Forrest clarifies that Mrs. Puff's inflation sac was popped in the collision and she will not be able to "puff" again. Mrs. Puff has to be tranquilized after leaping on to SpongeBob and man-handling his nose for calling her "Mrs. Pop". SpongeBob then begins to ramble about Mrs. Puff's condition and the doctor tranquilizes him as well. SpongeBob then visits Mrs. Puff with a bouquet of flowers along with the hundreds of other flowers he sent her, which she appears to be allergic to.
After forcing her into a wheelchair, he pushes her down the hallway. Doctors are seen sprinting through the hallway with muscular men on the gurneys. SpongeBob stops Dr. Forrest and asked what was going on. He replies the Demolition Derby are about to battle in the hospital room. It appears that they are hitting each other with wheelchairs. Mrs. Puff imagines them smashing into SpongeBob and killing him. Her laughing attracts SpongeBob's attention, and she claims she has a way for him to earn "extra credit". After talking to Captain Lutefisk, she shows him how much damage SpongeBob and do with a boat, though he is just using a steering wheel. Lutefisk says he is perfect for the derby.
At the derby, SpongeBob defeats the other competitors effortlessly. This causes Mrs. Puff to be enraged which causes this exchange:
SpongeBob: (Notices all of the drivers surround him)
Mrs. Puff! What should I— Mrs. Puff: Why are you still ALIVE?!? SpongeBob: "Put it in drive"?
Thanks Mrs. Puff, you're the best! (after a while of futher demolishing by SpongeBob) Mrs. Puff:
...If you want someone demolished
, I guess you have to demolish them yourself.
She then grabs a tractor and starts chasing after SpongeBob, trying to squish him. They then collide into the boating school, where Mrs. Puff regains her "puff", only for the school to squish the two.
Demolition Doofus contains examples of:
- Adaptational Villainy
- Darker and Edgier: While still funny in some ways, Mrs. Puff tries to make good on her vow to kill SpongeBob.
- Evil Cripple: Never being able to puff again + wanting Spongebob dead = this.
- Evil Versus Evil: Well, more like Jerkass vs. Jerkass in the case of SpongeBob himself and Mrs. Puff.
- Imagine Spot: Mrs. Puff imagines SpongeBob getting smashed from all sides by thugs in cars and replaced with a gravestone.
- Innocently Insensitive: SpongeBob meant well, but he just made things worse.
- Jerkass Ball: Happens to both SpongeBob and Mrs. Puff themselves. On one hand, Puff tries to murder SpongeBob. On the other hand, SpongeBob also cracks jokes about Mrs. Puff's condition and shows no remorse for injuring her.
- Never Say "Die"
- Nominal Hero: SpongeBob.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Both SpongeBob and Mrs. Puff get their due when the Boating School collapses on them.
- Status Quo Is God: Mrs. Puff gets her inflation back at the end.
- Temporarily a Villain: Mrs. Puff.
- Throwing Off the Disability: Mrs. Puff, who was thought to never puff again, magically regains her puff.
- Unknown Rival: Throughout the entire episode, SpongeBob literally had no idea Mrs. Puff was trying to kill him.
- Why Won't You Die?: "Why are you still..ALIVE!?" "Put it in drive?"