Recap / Spongebob Squarepants S 6 E 7 Giant Squidward No Nose Knows
Spongebob and Patrick's frivolous playing with Squidward's plant spray turns the latter into... well, a giant
.No Nose Knows
Patrick wants a nose, but when he does get one, it's not as great as he thinks it is.
''Giant Squidward provides examples of...
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever
- Break the Haughty
- Butt Monkey: Squidward, naturally.
- Chekov's Gun: Spongebob and Patrick use Squidward's kelp to make a kelp mache clarinet to turn him back to normal.
- Furry Reminder: Squidward sporadically inks when Spongebob and Patrick deform him with plant growth.
- Genius Bruiser: While he's only out to "bruise" Spongebob and Patrick, Squidward completely fools the other fish with "Uh, I'm a lamp post".
- Gentle Giant: Played with. The citizens of Bikini Bottom don't recognize their own neighbor and think he's a "monster", but a little boy insists he's this and so Squidward has to do helpful things in order to win their favor. Only when he doesn't say "bless you" when a fish sneezes do the citizens turn hostile again.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: "There you go, Mr. Krabs. You always wanted to make..."big money"! (Cue live action audience jeering)
- Informed Kindness: The townspeople ask Squidward if he is a friendly giant like the one in a little boy's storybook. When SpongeBob and Patrick tell them that he is and ask him to name instances, Squidward yells at them.
- Law of Disproportionate Response: The citizens of Bikini Bottom convert back to angry mob mode when Squidward doesn't say "bless you" to a sneezing fish.
- My God What Have We Done?: Spongebob and Patrick feel guilty about what they've done for once.
- Sudden Anatomy - Squidward has toenails again for a brief moment.
''No Nose Knows provides examples of...
- Be Careful What You Wish For: With a nose, Patrick can now smell everything, including the stuff that doesn't smell so good - some of which turns out to come from his friends.
- Gross-Out Show
- Here We Go Again: The episode ends with Patrick getting a pair of ears.
- Irony: Spongebob asks Patrick to get a nose, yet he is the one who gets the idea to get rid of it.
- Spoiler Title: The background for the title card is that of the ball of garbage used to get rid of Patrick's nose.