''Giant Squidward provides examples of...
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever
- Break the Haughty
- Butt-Monkey: Squidward, naturally.
- Chased Off into the Sunset: The episode ends with Squidward chasing SpongeBob and Patrick who used his kelp to make the clarinet.
- Chekhov's Gun: Spongebob and Patrick use Squidward's kelp to make a kelp mache clarinet to turn him back to normal.
- Furry Reminder: Squidward inks when Spongebob and Patrick deform him with plant growth.
- Genius Bruiser: While he's only out to "bruise" Spongebob and Patrick, Squidward completely fools the other fish with "Uh, I'm a lamp post".
- Gentle Giant: Played with. The citizens of Bikini Bottom don't recognize their own neighbor and think he's a "monster", but a little boy insists he's this and so Squidward has to do helpful things in order to win their favor. Only when he doesn't say "bless you" when a fish sneezes do the citizens turn hostile again.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: "There you go, Mr. Krabs. You always wanted to make..."big money"! (Cue live action audience jeering)
- Informed Kindness: The townspeople ask Squidward if he is a friendly giant like the one in a little boy's storybook. When SpongeBob and Patrick tell them that he is and ask him to name instances, Squidward yells at them.
- Law of Disproportionate Response: The citizens of Bikini Bottom convert back to angry mob mode when Squidward doesn't say "bless you" to a sneezing fish.
- My God What Have We Done?: Spongebob and Patrick feel guilty about what they've done for once.
- Shout-Out: A character growing to absurd degrees due to being sprayed with stuff meant for plants is the same in King Size Canary though Squidward doesn't get fatter.
- Sudden Anatomy - Squidward has toenails again for a brief moment.
- Torches and Pitchforks: Played with three times by the citizens of Bikini Bottom. First, they surround Squidward for chasing SpongeBob and Patrick until a kid assumes he's a nice monster. Second, Squidward yells at SpongeBob and they start torturing him until he proves to be a nice monster. Lastly, they chase him out of town after he didn't say "bless you" to one of the fish who sneezed.
No Nose KnowsPatrick wants a nose, but when he does get one, it's not as great as he thinks it is.The episode begins with Patrick realizing he can’t smell Squidward’s flowers leading to Spongebob suggesting he can just buy a nose at a plastic surgeon’s office. After the surgery Patrick discovers the wonderful smells Bikini Bottom has… and the bad ones as well. He becomes disgusted from onion rings and his rancid house before moving on to Squidward’s imported cheese (which he destroys), Spongebob’s sweat, the Krusty Krab’s greasy smell (which he “fixes” with scented candles), and even Sandy’s natural smell (“Take a bath, fleabag!”). The rest of the gang can’t take it and decide that that nose has got to go and they’ll torture Patrick if they have to. Spongebob is forced to man up and tells them that his nose is the problem. They form a giant ball of filth and leave it in Patrick’s yard. When he flips the rock up to answer the knock he gets a full blast of stink; his nose can’t take it so it withers and dies as the gang view eagerly. While the rest are happy Patrick is not. After all, all he wanted was a nose like everyone else. As a way to say “sorry” they bury the remains of the nose. Spongebob is disheartened by it but Squidward says he doesn’t care which leads to Patrick (with ears that would make an elephant grin) to say “I heard that.” End of episode.
''No Nose Knows provides examples of...
- Be Careful What You Wish For: With a nose, Patrick can now smell everything, including the stuff that doesn't smell so good - some of which turns out to come from his friends.
- Gross-Out Show: The rancid things Patrick finds and the ball of sewage and garbage the gang uses to get rid of Pat's nose.
- Here We Go Again!: The episode ends with Patrick getting a pair of ears.
- Irony: Spongebob asks Patrick to get a nose, yet he is the one who gets the idea to get rid of it.
- Jerkass: Patrick, in his goal of making Bikini Bottom smell better, winds up being more of an asshole then a hero. He insults Sandy for little reason other than her smell.
- Spoiler Title: The background for the title card is that of the ball of garbage used to get rid of Patrick's nose.