The Splinter provides examples of (YMMV examples go here)...
- Fainting: Squidward collapses at the sight of the size of Spongebob's swollen splinter.
- Gross-Up Close-Up: The close-ups of the splinter.
- Minor Injury Overreaction: So very much.
- Justified, as the splinter swells up to absurd lengths.
- Took a Level in Jerkass / Took a Level in Dumbass: Patrick thought that putting garbage on SpongeBob's thumb and then smashing it would help stop it from swelling! And when SpongeBob rightfully complains to Patrick about it, he thinks that SpongeBob doesn't want his help despite the fact that he was worsening the problem!
Slide Whistle StoogesSpongebob and Patrick love their slide whistles so much that they pester Squidward to join in on their fun, too!The episode begins with Spongebob and Patrick adding slide whistles to everything Squidward does, whether he likes it or not. Unable to stand it, he flees his house and the dim duo take chase thinking he’s finally playing with them. He snatches one of the whistles to give them a taste of their own medicine but it only makes them think he’s great at it. The terrible trio then go around town blowing their slide whistles but Squidward takes it too far; annoying various citizens and impersonating a baby for a quick joke (making the mother call him a "baby assaulter”). The citizens form an angry mod and chase after Squidward as he commanders a gas truck. Not minding the road he smashes through the Chum Bucket (to Krab’s delight), the Krusty Krab (to Krab’s sorrow), and several buildings before plunging off a cliff after he misinterprets Spongebob’s question of if he “wants to stop” (as in stop the truck). The truck goes up in a fireball and the crowd cheers at his demise; Spongebob and Patrick play Fryderyk Chopin’s “Funeral March” mournfully in their slide whistles. Turns out that Squidward survived but now he has his whistle lodged in his throat and the hospital unable to take it out. Spongebob and Patrick finish the episode by messing around the hospital on their slide whistles.
Slide Whistle Stooges provides examples of (YMMV examples go here)...
- Black Comedy: When Squidward presumably perishes in a fiery explosion the crowd cheers for his death.
- Butt Monkey: Squidward.
- Felony Misdemeanor: The people in Bikini Bottom treat Squidward's over-the-top annoyance as a thing that should be punishable by death.
- Selective Enforcement: Bikini Bottom wants Squidward's blood after his hijinks with a slide whistle around town, while Spongebob and Patrick's similar antics in a hospital are met with...uproarious laughter.