The result of trying to get his spatula from the ceiling (It Makes Sense in Context
) results in Spongebob getting a splinter. It's not so bad at first, but when he tries to pull it off it turns into a ton of incredibly overdramatic
trouble. And it just keeps getting worse when the splinter swells up to nauseous levels
...Slide Whistle Stooges
Spongebob and Patrick love their slide whistles so much that they pester Squidward to join in on their fun, too!
The Splinter provides examples of (YMMV examples go here)...
- Minor Injury Overreaction: So very much.
- Justified, as the splinter swells up to absurd lengths.
- Took a Level in Jerkass / Took a Level in Dumbass / What an Idiot: Patrick thought that putting garbage on SpongeBob's thumb and smashing his thumb would help stop it from swelling! And when SpongeBob rightfully complains to Patrick about it, he thinks that SpongeBob doesn't want his help despite the fact that he was worsening the problem!
Slide Whistle Stooges provides examples of (YMMV examples go here)...
- Butt Monkey: Squidward.
- Felony Misdemeanor: The people in Bikini Bottom treat Squidward's over-the-top annoyance as a thing that should be punishable by death.
- Laser-Guided Karma: One of those episodes where Squid does get what he deserves.
- YMMV, as one of the many complaints about the later seasons is Squidward getting too much abuse.