Recap: Spongebob Squarepants S 6 E 5 The Splinter Slide Whistle Stooges
The SplinterThe result of trying to get his spatula from the ceiling (It Makes Sense in Context) results in Spongebob getting a splinter. It's not so bad at first, but when he tries to pull it off it turns into a ton of incredibly overdramatic trouble. And it just keeps getting worse when the splinter swells up to nauseous levels...Slide Whistle StoogesSpongebob and Patrick love their slide whistles so much that they pester Squidward to join in on their fun, too!
The Splinter provides examples of (YMMV examples go here)...
- Minor Injury Overreaction: So very much.
- Justified, as the splinter swells up to absurd lengths.
- Took a Level in Jerkass / Took a Level in Dumbass: Patrick thought that putting garbage on SpongeBob's thumb and then smashing it would help stop it from swelling! And when SpongeBob rightfully complains to Patrick about it, he thinks that SpongeBob doesn't want his help despite the fact that he was worsening the problem!
Slide Whistle Stooges provides examples of (YMMV examples go here)...
- Butt Monkey: Squidward.
- Felony Misdemeanor: The people in Bikini Bottom treat Squidward's over-the-top annoyance as a thing that should be punishable by death.
- Selective Enforcement: Bikini Bottom wants Squidward's blood after his hijinks with a slide whistle around town, while Spongebob and Patrick's similar antics in a hospital are met with...uproarious laughter.