Recap / Spongebob Squarepants S 3 E 15 Born Again Krabs I Had An Accident
Born Again Krabs
Mr. Krabs is near death after eating a bad Krabby Patty, but after an experience with the Flying Dutchman, he changes his ways...I Had An Accident
After experiencing a sandboarding accident, SpongeBob becomes afraid to go outside.
Born Again Krabs contains examples of:
I Had An Accident contains examples of:
- Companion Cube: SpongeBob makes friends out of a potato chip, a penny and a used napkin, which he calls Chip, Penny and Used Napkin.
- Enraged by Idiocy: Sandy expresses her frustrations towards Patrick's stupidity a couple of times.
Sandy: Don't you have to go be stupid somewhere else?
Patrick: Not until four.
- Expospeak Gag:
Well, Mr. SquarePants, it appears your gluteus maximus has made a complete recovery. SpongeBob: My what has a what now? Dr. Fish:
Your butt's all better.
- Gainax Ending: As the gorilla has SpongeBob in his grasp, he wonders out loud what a gorilla is doing underwater. The gorilla then tries to stammer out an explanation before shouting "George, they're onto us!" and riding out on a pantomime horse. The camera then cuts to a live-action family, which is clearly confused by the episode before turning off the TV.
- Humiliation Conga: The spanking line that Spongebob fled.
- Medium Blending: The gorilla that attacks SpongeBob is a live-action gorilla - or rather, a live-action man in a gorilla suit. As is the pantomime horse he rides, and the human family watching at the end.
- Mistaken for an Imposter: Sandy's plan to lure SpongeBob outside is to have Patrick in a gorilla costume pretend to attack her, thus spurring SpongeBob to come to her rescue. SpongeBob doesn't fall for it, but then Patrick shows up, and Sandy asks who is in the gorilla costume. Turns out Patrick is in the costume, and the other Patrick is a real gorilla in a Patrick costume.
- Safety Worst: SpongeBob makes himself a shut-in after the accident, afraid to go out to avoid getting hurt again.
- Surrounded by Idiots: Spongebob makes fun of Squidward's belief of this at the beginning.
SpongeBob: [imitating Squidward] Everybody's an idiot except me.
Squidward: Well, it's true.
- Yellow Snow: SpongeBob warns Patrick not to eat the yellow sand.