Recap: Spongebob Squarepants S 3 E 15 Born Again Krabs I Had An Accident
Born Again KrabsMr. Krabs is near death after eating a bad Krabby Patty, but after an experience with the Flying Dutchman, he changes his ways...I Had An AccidentSpongebob is afraid to go outside in case of bad luck.
Born Again Krabs contains examples of:
- Ambulance Cut: Double Subverted. When Krabs goes to take a bite of the spoiled patty, it cuts to an ambulance. Then it cuts back to Krabs commenting on the ambulance, then eating the patty. And then it cuts to Krabs being rushed to the ER on a gurney.
- Comically Missing the Point: When Squidward calls Mr. Krabs out for selling SpongeBob's soul for 62 cents, Krabs asks "You think I should have held out for more?"
- Cutaway Gag: When Mr. Krabs comes into work, he asks Spongebob where Squidward is. Spongebob explains "he's taking one of those break things". Cut to Squidward sleeping in Mr. Krabs' office.
- Everybody Laughs Ending: Not actually the ending, but still counts.
- Everyone Has Standards: Squidward, who doesn't like SpongeBob, calls out Mr. Krabs for selling him to the Flying Dutchman for 62 cents.
- Grim Reaper: The Flying Dutchman serves this purpose in this episode.
- It Came from the Fridge: The bad patty.Mr. Krabs: Why is it in a cage?
SpongeBob: Because it growled at me.
- Motor Mouth: It actually saves Spongebob from Davy Jone's Locker.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Mr. Krabs goes through this after Squidward calls him out for selling Spongebob to the Flying Dutchman for 62 cents.
- The Stinger: After everyone has a good laugh about the whole thing, we cut to the Dutchman at home, receiving a call from Spongebob, who continues to talk his ear off.
- Too Spicy for Yog Sothoth: The Flying Dutchman takes SpongeBob in exchange for Mr. Krabs, but returns him immediately because "I couldn't hear myself think with this one around! I only had him for thirty seconds, and it's jellyfishing this and Mermaid Man that..."
- Visual Pun: Davy Jones' Locker is a gym locker, full of his stinky old socks.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Mr. Krabs sells Spongebob's soul for pocket change. Even Squidward calls him out on it.
I Had An Accident contains examples of:
- Companion Cube: SpongeBob makes friends out of a potato chip, a penny and a used napkin, which he calls Chip, Penny and Used Napkin.
- Enraged By Idiocy: Sandy expresses her frustrations towards Patrick's stupidity a couple of times.Sandy: Don't you have to go be stupid somewhere else?
Patrick: Not until four.
- Expospeak Gag:Dr. Fish: Well, Mr. SquarePants, it appears your gluteus maximus has made a complete recovery.
SpongeBob: My what has a what now?
Dr. Fish: Your butt's all better.
- Gainax Ending: As the gorilla has SpongeBob in his grasp, he wonders out loud what a gorilla is doing underwater. The gorilla then tries to stammer out an explanation before shouting "George, they're onto us!" and riding out on a pantomime horse. The camera then cuts to a live-action family, which is clearly confused by the episode before turning off the TV.
- Humiliation Conga: The spanking line that Spongebob fled.
- Medium Blending: The gorilla that attacks SpongeBob is a live-action gorilla - or rather, a live-action man in a gorilla suit. As is the pantomime horse he rides, and the human family watching at the end.
- Mistaken for an Imposter: Sandy's plan to lure SpongeBob outside is to have Patrick in a gorilla costume pretend to attack her, thus spurring SpongeBob to come to her rescue. SpongeBob doens't fall for it, but then Patrick shows up, and Sandy asks who is in the gorilla costume. Turns out Patrick is in the costume, and the other Patrick is a real gorilla in a Patrick costume.
- Safety Worst: SpongeBob makes himself a shut-in after the accident, afraid to go out to avoid getting hurt again.
- Surrounded by Idiots: Spongebob makes fun of Squidward's belief of this at the beginning.SpongeBob: [imitating Squidward] Everybody's an idiot except me.
Squidward: Well, it's true.
- Yellow Snow: SpongeBob warns Patrick not to eat the yellow sand.