Recap: Spongebob Squarepants S 2 E 20 Squid On Strike Sandy Sponge Bob And The Worm
"Squid on Strike"
- Broken Record: "Eh, Squidward? Eh, Squidward? Eh, Squidward?"
- Failed a Spot Check: Mr. Krabs doesn't notice the destroyed Krusty Krab even when he walks into it, even "unlocking" the front doors with his key. He finally notices when he sits down in where his office used to be.
- Gone Horribly Right: SpongeBob's plan to destroy the Krusty Krab to get his and Squidward's jobs back works, as they have to work there forever to pay off the damages.
- Literal-Minded: SpongeBob takes Squidward's rally cry of "dismantling the oppressive establishment" too literally and destroys the Krusty Krab.
- Mistaken for Cheating
Squidward: Attention, citizens of Bikini Bottom, you have all been cheated and lied to!
Woman: I knew it! (slaps husband)
- Running Gag: Squidward getting flattened by a crowd running over him.
- Say My Name: "SQUIDWAAARD! SPONGEBOOOB!"
- Slogan Yelling Megaphone Guy: Squidward does this to rally the citizens for support.
Fish 1: What's he saying?
Fish 2: I don't know, but he's got a megaphone.
- Visual Pun: One of SpongeBob's attempt to make a picket sign is that of a finger picking a nose (a pick-it sign).
- Waving Signs Around: Parodied. When Squidward makes a sign reading "Krusty Krab Unfair", SpongeBob makes a sign reading "Krusty Krab Funfair". Also, SpongeBob makes a picket fence instead of a sign.
"Sandy, SpongeBob and the Worm"
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: "It's big, scary, and PINK!"
- Brick Joke: Patrick at one point recommends that the townspeople push Bikini Bottom somewhere else to avoid the worm. At the very end, we see that they've done that...only to get crushed by the worm.
- Crazy Enough to Work: Subverted by Squidward.
Squidward: That idea might just be crazy enough... to get us all killed!
- Destructive Savior: Sandy and SpongeBob think they saved Bikini Bottom by sending the worm down a cliff. And they would have, had the town not been relocated to the bottom of that cliff.
- It's Personal: Sandy goes after the worm because it ate her tail.
- Oh Crap: "RUN FOR YOUR LIIIIIIIIIFE!!!!"
- Oh, No... Not Again!: The fish that had his butt eaten by the worm.
- Pride: Sandy suffers from this. She initially REFUSES to admit that SpongeBob was right about the Worm:
SpongeBob: Hey, wait a minute! I was right, wasn't I?!
SpongeBob: Ah, he IS too big for you, isn't he?
Sandy: Not now, SpongeBob!
SpongeBob: I want to hear you say it.
Sandy: Can we talk about this another time?!
SpongeBob: Say it!
SpongeBob: (sticks his foot out) Say it or I'll trip you!
Sandy: NO! Get away!
SpongeBob: Say it!
Sandy: NOT NOW!
SpongeBob: SAY IT!
Sandy: OKAY! You were right, and I was wrong! I was wrong-wrong-wrong-wrong-wrong! Are you happy now?!
SpongeBob: (with the smuggest look on his face) I knew it.
- Sanity Slippage: Old man Krabs doesn't take the idea of paying Sandy very well.
You'll never get a cent
out of me! Never
! (froths at the mouth
) I'D RATHER THAT WORM COME IN HERE RIGHT NOW, AND EAT YOU ALL ALIIIIIIIIVE!!!
- Shout-Out: "Worm sign!"
- The old sailor scratching a chalkboard to get attention spoofs Shaw's introduction on Jaws.
- That's No Moon: "That's not the worm, that's his tongue."
- Truth in Television: Mr. Krabs froths at the mouth when he thinks Sandy wants his money. Real crabs actually do froth if they have trouble breathing.
- Visual Pun: Sandy says she found a "worm sign": a small sign with the word "Worm" on it.