Recap / Spongebob Squarepants S 1 E 5 Pizza Delivery Home Sweet Pineapple
: A special task has been assigned to SpongeBob and Squidward: Deliver the very first Krusty Krab Pizza. However, there's a slight problem. Squidward made SpongeBob drive, causing the two to end up in the middle of nowhere and run out of gas. Now it's up to SpongeBob and his knowledge on how the pioneers survived to figure out how to get back to shelter and find something to eat before Squidward eats the pizza."Home Sweet Pineapple"
: After a swarm of nematodes devours SpongeBob's house, he and Gary are left with nothing but a pebble (which is actually a seed
). Without a place to stay, SpongeBob tries building a house and living with Patrick and Squidward (none of those attempts work out) before giving up hope to live in the neighborhood, and sees no other option than to leave and move back in with his parents.
The YMMV examples for these episodes can be found here.
"Pizza Delivery" provides examples of:
- Pre Ass Kicking One Liner: "Well, this one's ON THE HOUSE!!" (Slams pizza in the guy's face)
- Road Trip Across the Street: After delivering the pizza, Squidward asks SpongeBob to drive him home, but SpongeBob tells him they have enough time to go back to work because the customer was just down the street from the Krusty Krab all along.
- Saw It in a Movie Once: After being stranded in the middle of nowhere, SpongeBob tries to get himself and Squidward back home by using tactics from old pioneers which he says he "saw in a movie once." Most of them worked, albeit their progress was constantly hindered by Squidward.
- "Shaggy Dog" Story: SpongeBob and Squidward didn't have to get lost because the customer lived right next door to the Krusty Krab.
- Spoiled Brat: Take a wild guess, troper.
- Unsatisfiable Customer: The customer who orders the pizza rejects it because it did not come with soda, even though it wasn't in the order.
- Unstoppable Mailman: Neither fast sea currents nor searing heat nor a very hungry Squidward will stop SpongeBob from getting the pizza to the customer.
- Vehicular Assault:
- The truck driver SpongeBob tries to flag down with a pioneer hitchhiking dance instead tries to run him over because he thought he was a "thrashin', frashin' breakdancer!"
- Done to Squidward by SpongeBob when he accidentally drives over him with the rock.
- Wham Line: "Where's my drink?"
- Wrong Restaurant: The customer calls the Krusty Krab for a pizza by mistake. Not one to miss out on a quick buck, Mr. Krabs smashes some Krabby Patties into a pizza and has SpongeBob and Squidward deliver it.
"Home Sweet Pineapple" provides examples of:
- And I Must Scream: As Squidward gets crushed by Spongebob’s house in the end, he is still conscious and able to say “forever?” albeit, in a muffled voice.
- Blanket Tug O' War: Between SpongeBob and Patrick. Only instead of a blanket, it's Patrick's rock.
- Creepy Changing Painting: A comical version. When Spongebob says he'll have to move back in with his parents, we cut to a painting of them smiling. When Patrick says that he doesn't, we cut back to the same paining, now with his parents frowning.
- Cue the Falling Object: Patrick brags that he build his home himself. Cut to Patrick's house, which is just a rock with a crudely made TV antenna mounted on top, which then falls over.
- Delayed Reaction: Doubles as an Overly Long Gag; a half-asleep Squidward not realizing that Spongebob just came into his house. See also Late to the Realization below.
- Depth Deception: The house SpongeBob and Patrick build looks normal-sized, until they step forward and loom over it.
- Double Take:
- Squidward does an epic one. He half-groggily lets SpongeBob sleep with him, even giving him a glass of water. It's only moments after the two are asleep that Squidward's eyes pop open and he throws SpongeBob back out.
- Patrick's Late to the Realization moment below can also be considered a double take.
- Extreme Omnivore: The Nematodes eat and drink almost anything. From coral, car to SpongeBob's house. Later in Best Day Ever, they tried to eat The Krusty Krab. Fortunetely, SpongeBob distracted them, but they do ate his pants.
- Gag Echo: Squidward gets a call from SpongeBob and answers "Is it time already for you to ruin my day?" Moments later, Patrick wakes up and asks "Is it time already to ruin Squid's day?"
- Gross-Up Close-Up: Of the enormous pool of saliva in Patrick's mouth as he sleeps.
- Happy Dance: Done by Squidward when he sees SpongeBob finally leaving. Unfortunately, he does it on the spot where SpongeBob's house was, and ended up getting flattened when it grew back.
- Hive Mind: The nematodes are like this. Whenever the leader makes a decision, the group goes along with it.
- Impact Silhouette: Squidward's impression is left on the floor of SpongeBob's house after it reforms on top of him.
- Late to the Realization: Patrick only realizes that SpongeBob's house is gone a while after he arrived and SpongeBob himself had said it was gone.
- Noodle Implements: "Ruining Squid's day" apparently required Patrick to dress up in a tux and top hat.
- Oh, Crap!: SpongeBob when he realized that his house was shrinking.
- Seldom-Seen Species: Nematodes aren't that common in cartoons.
- The Swarm: The nematodes who devour Spongebob's house.
- Swiss Army Tears: SpongeBob's tears restore his house back to normal.
- Toon Physics: SpongeBob manages to stay in the air by hammering boards one by one to the chagrin of Patrick.