Recap: Spongebob Squarepants S 1 E 19 Foolsin April Neptunes Spatula
Airdate: April 1, 2000April Fools' Day is SpongeBob's favorite holiday - and Squidward's worst nightmare! But when Squidward tries to turn the tables on SpongeBob and plays a trick on him, it all goes horribly wrong.
Fools in April contains examples of:
- Animate Body Parts: SpongeBob's tongue detaches from his body and starts laughing with him. SpongeBob even pranks it.
- An Aesop: Doing something nasty to someone for your own amusement is not the same as pulling a prank.
- April Fools' Plot
- Break the Cutie: Squidward does this to SpongeBob with his prank, but soon learns that he went too far.
- Cannot Spit It Out / The Unapologetic: Squidward has a hard time apologizing to SpongeBob and after several unsuccessful attempts to apologize, he puts his head in a bubble, and as a result, SpongeBob can't hear him when he says he's sorry. He does give SpongeBob a full apology when he remembers what everyone said to him earlier.
- Shamed by a Mob: The Bikini Bottomites expressed their disgust toward Squidward for pranking SpongeBob.
- Vocal Dissonance: The deep voice that shouts "You Stink!" to Squidward turns out to be his own mother.
- "This is an extreme thirst!" Even funnier because it's done by the same actor!
- Your Head Asplode: Squidward's head explodes from trying to say "I'm sorry" to SpongeBob.
- Absentee Actor: Squidward does not appear in this episode as Spongebob is running the cash register at the end.
- Cooking Duel: Between SpongeBob and Neptune. Neptune uses magic to make thousands of Krabby Patties, while SpongeBob only manages to make one by hand. That one patty, however, tastes far better than the ones Neptune made, and SpongeBob wins.
- Do Not Taunt Cthulhu: Patrick does this to Neptune, and is blasted repeatedly until he's a smear on the ground.
- Jerkass God: King Neptune.
- Not Quite Back to Normal: After blasting Patrick to dust, Neptune returns him to normal... except his face is in his butt.
- Only the Chosen May Wield: Only a fry cook worthy of Neptune can pull his spatula from the dried grease. Guess who.
- The Power of Love: How Spongebob is able to win the duel: while Neptune uses his powers to simultaneously cook and assemble 1,000 burgers, they taste terrible; Spongebob only makes one, but because he put his heart and soul into it to make it perfect, Neptune forfeits.