Recap / Spongebob Squarepants S 1 E 18 Texas Walking Small
When Sandy gets homesick and decides to move back to Texas, SpongeBob and Patrick try everything to keep her from leaving.
- Berserk Button: "Don't you dare take the name of Texas in vain!"
- Cry Laughing: Sandy does this when she sees the surprise SpongeBob and Patrick made for her.
- Disproportionate Retribution: You insulted Texas? Prepare to be hog-tied and blown up!!
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: To get Sandy riled up to chase him, SpongeBob shakes his butt as pronounces "Texas" as "Teeex-ASS!"
SpongeBob: Patrick, your genius is showing.
- Gone Horribly Right: SpongeBob and Patrick try insulting Texas so that Sandy can angrily chase them and thus lure her to her goodbye party. It's only afterward that the two realize they now have to run for their lives.
- Here We Go Again: Patrick once again incurs Sandy's wrath by insulting Texas.
Sandy: What did you say?
Patrick: Should I start running now?
- Oh Crap!: Patrick when he sees Sandy chasing after him and SpongeBob.
- Parody: SpongeBob does a... less-than-Affectionate Parody of "Deep In The Heart Of Texas" when egging Sandy on.
"The stars at night are dull and dim/Whenever they have to be over dumb ol' stupid Texas!"
- Sand In My Eyes: SpongeBob asks Sandy what is she crying about, and she bluntly claims she sprung a leak, but SpongeBob knew she wasn't.
- Shaking the Rump: To lure Sandy to the Krusty Krab, SpongeBob does this in front of her while mockingly saying "Texas".
- Visual Pun: For Sandy's Texas party, SpongeBob brought barby Qs, peas-in-a-can pies, squares for square dancing with, and ten gallon hats made from gallon containers.
- With a Foot on the Bus: Sandy quite literally has one foot on the bus just as SpongeBob and Patrick catch up to her and try to get her to stay, but to no avail. Of course, as soon as Patrick mentions "dumb ol' Texas," the bus reverses immediately and Sandy angrily steps off to tell him not to dare take the name of Texas in vain! SpongeBob and Patrick decide to egg her on in order to lure her down to the Krusty Krab for her surprise party, where she realizes that Bikini Bottom was her home and decides to stay.
Plankton plots to use SpongeBob as an unwitting pawn to drive away the beach patrons so he can build his new Mega Bucket restaurant.