The Chaperone contains examples of:
- Bait and Switch: When SpongeBob takes Pearl back home, an angry Mr. Krabs threatens him to "Keep away from me precious flower!" He actually means the flower he planted on his front yard.
- Black Comedy: It's implied that several people die as a result of doing The Sponge.
- Break the Cutie: SpongeBob runs to the bathroom breaking into tears after he realizes he messed up the prom.
- Closed Door Rapport: Pearl consoles SpongeBob through the ladies room door when he locks himself inside.
- Dance Sensation: The Sponge.
- High-School Dance
- Informed Attractiveness: Pearl's ex boyfriend, Mr. "Long, Tan and Handsome," is revealed to be a plain-looking dweeb.
- Intelligible Unintelligible: Pearl is able to understand SpongeBob through his Inelegant Blubbering.
- Ninja Log: Mr. Krabs asks SpongeBob to take Pearl to her prom, but then the real SpongeBob appears and shows him the exact replica of himself he made, which is whom Krabs was talking to. In the end, it is implied that the dummy SpongeBob is the one who went with Pearl.
- Ocular Gushers: Pearl's tears flood the Krusty Krab.
- Tall, Dark and Handsome: SpongeBob makes himself like this as Pearl's date. He tans himself in a toaster, puts on a toupee for the handsome part and wears stilts to make himself taller (which make it difficult for him to walk).
- You Didn't See That: SpongeBob claims to have won a dancing trophy, but when the guy actually holding the trophy takes it back, SpongeBob says "That didn't just happen."
Airdate: October 2, 1999Squidward and SpongeBob compete over who will get the Employee of the Month award at the Krusty Krab.
Employee of The Month contains examples of:
- Agitated Item Stomping: Squidward stomps on SpongeBob's hat, but SpongeBob kept a lead brick there for just such an occassion.
- Ambiguous Ending: We never learn who got the award, although judging from how they destroyed the Krusty Krab in the process, it's likely that no one got it.
- Broken Record: "Hey, Squidward. Hey, Squidward. Hey, Squidward..."
- Crazy-Prepared: "A good fry cook always keeps a brick of lead under his hat."
- Squidward has multiple alarm clocks to replace the ones SpongeBob breaks.
- Crippling the Competition
- Don't Be Ridiculous:SpongeBob: Do you know what day it is?
Squiward: Annoy Squidward Day?
SpongeBob: No, silly. That's on the fifteenth.
- Escalating War: SpongeBob and Squidward trying to stop each other from getting to work first, then trying to outdo each other once they get there.
- The Man in the Mirror Talks Back: SpongeBob's photos on the Employee of the Month wall tell him to stop Squidward.
- Out-of-Character Moment: Squidward, normally a lazy employee, actually wants to win the Employee of The Month Award. (Admittedly, only to prove that he's better than Spongebob...)
- Rain of Something Unusual: When Spongebob and Squidward accidentally blow up the Krusty Krab as they're fighting over the award, specifically when they're making loads of Krabby Patties that it fills the restaurant full until it explodes, making Krabby Patties rain from the sky, much to the dismay of Mr. Krabs.
- Running Gag: Squidward being hit by Krabby Patty meat from the fan.
- Serious Business: Winning the Employee of The Month Award!
- Title Drop: Numerous times.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: Mr. Krabs. He kinda sets up the entire plot.
- Vandalism Backfire