Krabby Land contains examples of (YMMV here):
- Bad Boss: Mr. Krabs is one in this episode. Unlike the later episodes, he is unable to be a Karma Houdini and eventually is hunted down by the kids and tortured with lima beans.
- Comedic Sociopathy: SpongeBob discovers that his pain entertains the children and proceeds to make them laugh with all sorts of painful and humiliating stunts.
- Cool and Unusual Punishment: SpongeBob getting tied up and being force-fed lima beans (which also happens to Mr. Krabs at the end).
- Hypocritical Humor: When Mr. Krabs says he's not cheap, he takes off the tomato on his nose and tells SpongeBob to take it back to the kitchen before it spoils.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Mr. Krabs is hunted down by the kids and is also tied to a pole and tortured with lima beans.
- No OSHA Compliance: Krabby Land is hastily put together, with one kid actually getting hurt while trying to play on one of the "attractions".
- No Sympathy: Mr. Krabs didn't show any to SpongeBob who couldn't take anymore abuse to entertain the children.
- Suck E. Cheese's: Krabby Land
- Take That: Krabby Land is a jab at McDonald's, complete with clown mascot and a Hamburglar Expy.
Airdate: April 3, 2004Squidward is planning a weekend celebration due to SpongeBob and Patrick leaving for a camping trip. But what's this? The two have set up a tent ten yards away from SpongeBob's house. Through a strange and unintentional method of reverse psychology, SpongeBob convinces Squidward to stay and camp with them overnight. But the three will soon discover that after dark, terrible creatures come out, and the only method of protection is an expertly drawn anti-sea bear circle in the dirt!Oh, and it includes one of the most famous songs in all of Western Animation.
The Camping Episode contains examples of (YMMV here):
- Animals Hate Him: The sea bear does not like Squidward, and expresses it well...
- The sea rhinoceros doesn't seem to like Squidward either...
- Bears Are Bad News: The sea bear.
- Berserk Button: The sea bear repeatedly mauls Squidward after his attempts to escape cause gestures that provoke it's fury (eg. running, limping, crawling). After he runs out of offenses and the sea bear continues going after him however, Spongebob suggests maybe it just doesn't like him.
- Butt Monkey: Squidward.
- The Cuckoolander Was Right SpongeBob and Patrick were right about the sea bear (and sea rhinoceros).
- Death Glare: The sea bear gives a particularly ferocious one to Squidward after he escapes into Spongebob's protective circle.
- Department of Redundancy Department: "The Campfire Song Song." Though technically, that's because it's a campfire song about singing a campfire song... which happens to be that campfire song.
- Knows a Guy Who Knows a Guy: Exaggerated to the point of being an Overly Long Gag.SpongeBob: Why, once I met this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy's cousin...
Squidward: YOU'RE RIGHT!
- Mix-and-Match Critters: The sea bear is literally a giant fish with a bear head. The same thing applies for the sea rhinoceros, albeit much bigger.
- Real After All: The sea bear and later, the sea rhinoceros.
- Rhino Rampage: The sea rhinoceros.
- Rockers Smash Guitars: The ending to "The Campfire Song Song".
- Running Gag: Squidward getting mauled by the sea bear.
- Patrick blowing hot marshmallow on Squidward.
- The Something Song: "The Campfire Song Song"
- Spelling Song: "The Campfire Song Song"