In this parody of The Wizard of Oz, the boys head to Canada to get Kyle's brother, Ike, back from his biological parents, all the while meeting with strange characters and having to put up with Cartman who thinks Ike's kidnapping is a conspiracy cooked up by the Jews to cancel Christmas.
"It's Christmas in Canada" contains examples of:
- Continuity Nod: Mr. Garrison suggests that they get rid of all the Mexicans, just like in "Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo".Mayor: Mr. Garrison, every Christmas you suggest we get rid of all the Mexicans, and every Christmas we tell you NO!
- Et Tu, Brute?: None of Kyle's friends are willing to help him out concerning Ike being taken away, and even try to dissuade their parents from spending their money on helping their cause instead of buying them presents.
- Failed a Spot Check: Stan wanted to have a Christmas adventure as his present, and doesn't realize that he just had one with his friends while trying to get Ike back.
- For the Evulz: It is revealed the reasoning behind Prime Minister of Canada's strange and crippling laws was because his true identity was Comedic Sociopath Saddam Hussein.
- I Want My Mommy: Cartman screams "Meeeem!" after Kyle punches him.
- The Man Behind the Curtain: Saddam as the Prime Minister.
- Minor Injury Overreaction: Again, Cartman crying after getting lightly punched by Kyle.
- Not in This for Your Revolution: The Prime Minister of Canada insists his laws are sticking, but not at all for Scott's argument about loyalty to Canada, but simply because "he's the Prime Minister of Canada and he can do whatever he wants".
- Ripped from the Headlines: This episode aired a few days after the real Hussein's capture by the U.S. military.
- They Killed Kenny Again: This is the first time Kenny has died since his return, courtesy of the Prime Minister of Canada.
- Whole Plot Reference: Canada itself is a pastiche of The Wizard of Oz.
- Wimp Fight: Cartman starts bawling after Kyle gives him a little punch on the cheek.