Stan's world crumbles when Wendy breaks up with him for Token, so he becomes a Goth. Meanwhile, Butters falls for a waitress who only flirts with him as part of her job.
"Raisins" contains examples of:
- Borrowed Catch Phrase: Stan borrows Cartman's "Screw you guys, I'm going home" at the end of the episode.
- Book Ends: The episode begins with Stan and the boys playing football before Bebe interrupts them to tell Stan that Wendy breaks up with him and the episode ends with Stan and the boys playing a football game after Stan calls Wendy a bitch and gives Token the finger.
- Comically Missing the Point: Bebe suggests that Stan get a boombox and play Peter Gabriel music outside Wendy's house, in a Shout-Out to Say Anything.... Unfortunately, the reference is lost on Stan, so he ends up standing outside her window playing "Shock the Monkey."
- Country Matters: Stan asks Jimmy to tell Wendy she's a "continuing source of inspiration" for him when he's first trying to fix the situation. Unfortunately for Wendy, Jimmy's stutter keeps him from getting past the first syllable.
- Expy: Raisins is this to Hooters.
- First World Problems: Kyle accuses the Goth Kids of having this mindset.
- Flipping the Bird: Stan does this to Token at the end.
- Free-Range Children: The employees at "Raisins" are prepubescent girls, the only customers are the kids, and the only adults to appear in this episode are Butters' parents.
- He's Back : Stan at the end of the episode.
- Hypocritical Humor"To be a non-conformist, all you have to do is dress just like us and listen to the same music we do."
- Jerkass Ball: Kyle is unsympathetic to Stan and only angrily yells at him to stop lamenting his break-up. Ironic that Kyle is supposed to be his best friend, but then again what kind of moral advice do you expect from the same guy who punts his own baby brother like a football?
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Stan using Jimmy to talk to Wendy, but while Jimmy tries to repeat Stan's words, he starts stuttering which sounds like an insult.
- Not Distracted by the Sexy: All the boys lust over the Raisins girls except for Stan, who's still heartbroken, and Cartman, who cares more about the food.
- Satellite Love Interest: Lexis to Butters.
- Theme Naming: The waitresses at Raisins all have the same names as brands of cars (the expensive, luxury makes, like Lexus, Porschenote , and Mercedesnote ).