Recap / South Park S 2 E 4 Ikes Wee Wee
May 27, 1998
Kyle tries to save his brother, Ike, from being circumcised (which the boys think is akin to castration), while Mr. Mackey gets fired for an anti-drug lecture gone wrong.
"Ike's Wee Wee" contains examples of:
- Big "WHAT?!": Sheila says her trademark "What-what-WHAT?!?" when Kyle reveals Ike is not dead and is in Nebraska.
- Continuity Nod:
- One of the pictures Ike shows Kyle includes the elephant from "An Elephant Makes Love to a Pig".
- One of the parents who mocks Mackey is Bill's dad, last seen in "Damien".
- Drugs Are Bad: The Trope Namer. This is the first episode where Mackey uses the famous catchphrase.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Bebe's mother makes a cameo when the train drops Ike off to Nebraska. She would later be identified as Bebe's mother in "Bebe's Boobs Destroy Society".
- Getting Crap Past the Radar and Edited for Syndication: When the episode first aired, Mr. Mackey's line "I don't need your authoritative bullshit!" had the "shit" part unbleeped (remember, this was back before Comedy Central allowed "shit" to be said, so long as it didn't actually refer to digestive by-products). Later airings (and the season two DVD) have the "shit" in "bullshit" bleeped.
- Imagine Spot: Stan imagines Kyle's parents as hellish beings who want to cut his penis off.
- Karma Houdini: Mr Garrison chains off Mr Mackey's entire subplot by stealing his marijuana for the school lecture. He is never found out by anyone else in the school, leading Mackey to get fired.
- Mythology Gag: Kyle saying to Cartman "No, not ham you fat fuck" is a nod to the original Jesus vs. Santa short.
- Strange Minds Think Alike: Chef says to the boys that "there's a time and a place for everything, and it's called college". Later, the rehab lady says the same thing to Mr. Mackey. And in the season four episode "The Tooth Fairy's Tats 2000", the kids say this when Chef thinks that the boys' pimp clothes and wads of cash are from drug-dealing.
- They Killed Kenny Again: Kenny falls into an open grave and is crushed by the tombstone. Kyle's too pissed off to say "You bastards." in anything more than a monotone.
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: The boys casually talk to Mr. Mackey's head as a balloon as it floats past them.
- This was only a hallucination brought on by Mackey taking LSD; he was probably not actually a floating balloon.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: In-universe example: Mr. Mackey gives the students a bowl of marijuana to briefly sniff and pass around, but after a while neither he nor the kids know who has the marijuana. One scene later, it is shown that Mr. Garrison has it, but nobody else knows.